Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 PM

Default The cool kids call it the Imperial...

The table is pretty TP. Most are 19/4/1...etc.
Villian (river raiser) is 46.8/0/.2 after about 90 hands. I have seen him open limp KQs and KJs. I have also seen him check/call each street with Top Pair and 2 pair. He also likes to slooowplay his stronger hands raising the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero...?

First, I'm not sure about the flop call.

On the river, I'm not sure if I should raise or call. If villian 3bets, I am probably beat. I don't think he will 3bet with 2 pair. Does it make sense to call his river raise to possibly get a call out of MP3, or is this an easy 3 bet. My river play sucks.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: The cool kids call it the Imperial...

looks like misclick

3bet the river
Old 09-05-2006, 06:19 PM

flop call is marginal, but ok by me. ~4 outs = ~11:1, getting 9:1, 10:1 if bb comes along. implied odds i "think" make this an ok call.

good bet on the turn, board to coordinated to risk giving free cards.

based on your read your probably dead but you have to make the call.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:22 PM

I might be to tight but theres no way with just 2 unders and a BDFD that im even in the hand to hit your miracle 10.

As you played it 3 bet the river.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop call is marginal, but ok by me. ~4 outs = ~11:1, getting 9:1, 10:1 if bb comes along. implied odds i "think" make this an ok call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the flop. Actually I gave myself 5 outs including my BDFD, which may be hogwash. Maybe I just wanted to gamboool.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the flop. Actually I gave myself 5 outs including my BDFD, which may be hogwash. Maybe I just wanted to gamboool.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but they aren't all clean w/2 spades on the board. 3 or maybe 3 1/2 for the 10's, and 1/2 - 1 for the bdfd.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but they aren't all clean w/2 spades on the board. 3 or maybe 3 1/2 for the 10's, and 1/2 - 1 for the bdfd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is true. Good point.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be to tight but theres no way with just 2 unders and a BDFD that im even in the hand to hit your miracle 10.

As you played it 3 bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you guys are right.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 PM

I have no problem with the call on the flop. We are getting 9:1 right now, thats 3 clean outs to the tens and our back door flush probably 1.5 more.

If we hit our gin card, a ten which is not a spade we are picking up at least 2 more big bets.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

based on your read your probably dead but you have to make the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That read was pretty specific but I think it's important that villian has 0% PFR. This means he very well could be playing AA-QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, probably several other holdings, but the only one that we're behind to is AT.

I think we raise this river for value and hope MP3 comes along for the ride. On rare occasions villian has AT, in most cases I believe he doesn't.