Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Links 2003 (golf sim game)

This thread was starting to get hijacked with Links 2003 discussion. I used to play this game a lot and I loved it. Easily the best golf sim game I've seen (obviously the Tiger game for 360 has better graphics and stuff, but you can't shoot 47 on Links).

So I was wondering if there would be any 2+2 interest in playing each other online, maybe having a tournament or something. I don't remember exactly what the online interface is like because I haven't played it in a long time, but I think it would be fun if we could get some kind of league going.

I know this isn't really a "sporting event", but it seems like this forum would have the most interest in this. MEB, you can move it if you want.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Links 2003 (golf sim game)

I used to have Links 2000 or whatever, and like 100 expansion course packs. It was a good game.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 PM

http://www.linkscountryclub.com is a great site for user-designed Links 2003 courses.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM

Evan,

Thanks for the link man. Also, the links country club thread you posted is I believe the one I used to visit.

Of course I'd be in, per the other thread.

FWIW I was part of the online community that spawned Paul Willey and Mike Schuetz, who had a HTH battle for an assload of money in a global tourney. But mostly I trolled Willey for years as he deserved it (PW would be awesome if you somehow saw this...).
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM

I am interested. Can I buy/get this game online, or would I have to get it at a store?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM

I'm going to buy the game when I get home today. Hopefully I will have it some time next week and get good again in a few days (unlikely).
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Is this game really good? I need a break from all teh online shooters, and this game looks like it can be purchased for $5 off that site as the download version?

I could totally get into this.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this game really good? I need a break from all teh online shooters, and this game looks like it can be purchased for $5 off that site as the download version?

[/ QUOTE ]
Graphically you will be underwhelmed. It doesn't look like the newer Tiger games. But the physics engine is very, very good and the ability to get tons of courses (expansion ones and user-built ones) is very cool imo. It's also very realistic on hard settings. You won't shoot 25 under like in Tiger.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:36 PM

Evan - are there user designed courses representative of all of the PGA Tour events? It would be a lot of fun to play a Tour season in real-time on the various courses.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Graphically you will be underwhelmed. It doesn't look like the newer Tiger games. But the physics engine is very, very good and the ability to get tons of courses (expansion ones and user-built ones) is very cool imo. It's also very realistic on hard settings. You won't shoot 25 under like in Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had a golf game since PGA 98 on the PSX, and I've wanted one for a long time, if this really is $5 to get started, I think I can handle the weaker graphics rather then paying the $50 or whatever for the current tiger. Plus, I'm not a huge EA fan.