Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Anyone want to be my mentor?

Well actually, my tutor.

Quick background. Got the poker bug last summer, began with $5 SnG's with friends, bought the Hellmuth book, yada yada yada. I've put money into stars about 4 times ($50 increments) and lost it everytime. I didn't know about bankroll management whatsoever. I put $100 into Party and played .5/1, due to my lack of a proper bankroll and my blindness to BJ's horror, I quickly went broke. I havn't played for money in about a month. So far in my poker education, I've read GSHE, SSHE, INTP (still probably a little over my head), and the majority of ToP, Poker Essays 1 & 2. I also picked up some good advice from Zen and the Art of Poker about patience and the long-run.

I have 2.6k hands logged into PT at .5/1 from when I was at Party. General stats were: VP$P - 26.71 PFR - 9.8 and my aggression is at 3.29.

I feel like I have a good foundation as of now to start a new bankroll. My plan is to put $50 into Stars sometime this week and and build a bankroll at the micros. I know if I stay disciplined and play within my BR I can greatly reduce my risk of ruin.

On to the point of this thread. Disclaimer: (This is an utterly riculous request)

I want someone to be my mentor/tutor. Someone to guide me on my way to becoming a winning player. Someone I can PM hands to and ask how they would have played it. Someone who can fill me in on new bonuses that I should take advantage of. Someone who can give me useful pointers when I move up. Someone who wants to help me succeed.

Anyone? You can do this out of the kindness of your heart, or maybe we can get some kind of payment plan. X% of my winrate? <font color="white"> I predict that the majority of replies will point out that 2+2 already does this for me. </font>

Ok, let the flaming begin!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone want to be my mentor?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> I predict that the majority of replies will point out that 2+2 already does this for me. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well actually, my tutor.

Quick background. Got the poker bug last summer, began with $5 SnG's with friends, bought the Hellmuth book, yada yada yada.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too late, Hellmuth already ruined you.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 AM

Sup Bobb.

The posters in this forum will gladly be your collective tutor, free of charge.

Keep an eye on the "Internet Bonus" forum for new bonuses. It's right here.

Don't play above your bankroll unless you don't mind having to reload.

Reply to hands posted.

Post your own hands.

Stay cool.

Later.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:05 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have posted several hands and have started replying to others more and more frequently. It does help.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:22 AM

Honestly, I don't think you want to be looking for a private coach at this stage. Most private coaches around these parts charge quite a bit more than you're probably looking to spend (gauged on the size of your roll). Furthermore, for the stage of learning where you probably are, the forum is probably just what you need. Repetedly trying things out, getting answers wrong, getting corrected, trying again, playing more hands, etc. You can't learn poker much faster from having a coach. You really just have to spend a bunch of time working hard, and the forum is a place where you can get that for free. The time to ask for private coaching is when you get up to higher limits, and you feel like you're not all that good, but your learning is stagnating. A coach is much better for taking you from being a good poker player to a great poker player rather than from a beginner to a winner.

You'll want to get involved with the biweekly HH exchange. That'll give you some one on one time with another poster to review your hands. It's a huge benefit, and it's also free.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:38 AM

Thanks for the reply Wookie. I didn't really plan on paying for a coach, that part was more of a joke. The HH exchange sounds really fun and I am looking forward to participating very much.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:50 AM

Just play more hands, read the forum, and read Small Stakes Hold'em a bunch of times. But playing more hands is the most important
Old 01-24-2006, 07:11 AM

why don't you take part in the session reviews we have in the micro limits forum? That's exactly what you're asking for.