Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Wild crazy loose table KK

I'm sure that my play is obviously flawed on this scary board. However, the pot is huge and I have KK at a table full of maniacs. Is it ok to call down to river here, or should I have thrown this away on the flop or turn?
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (18.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 24.20 BB
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Wild crazy loose table KK

How maniacal are they? Stats? Example hands?

If they're people I'd call maniacs, your first three streets are fine, and I'd probably even bet the river.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Since this table is ''wild crazy loose'' as you say... I will never fold an overpair. And since this is 0.05/0.1 I think after the river checks you have a good enough hand to make a value bet. But stats/reads on the maniacs in particular are indeed very important.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:42 PM

I started thinking that I should have value betted the river after the hand. My Kings up ended up holding up in the end, but i figured for sure somebody must have a jack with the heavy action went after the flop.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:54 PM

Bet the river to give UTG a chance to CR every street+limp/raise pf (a rare but beautiful play. Has anyone done this?).

Seriously I think u played fine. Don't fold an overpair against these fishes. Maybe you actually should bet the river. I don't think they're checking trips/or better.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:24 PM

If these people are truly maniacs then there's a pretty good chance that you're ahead on the flop, nothing on the later streets changes that. I would continue to be aggressive on the turn and river.

This play would depend on the exact reads you have on your opponents.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How maniacal are they? Stats? Example hands?

If they're people I'd call maniacs, your first three streets are fine, and I'd probably even bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't read any farther than this post, but I think it sure seems to me that UTG and CO are maniacs based on this hand. UTG limps/3-bets preflop, checks/3-bets flop and check/raises turn. WTF? Was he trying to go for the quad check/raise on the river?? CO didn't seem to be concerned about UTG's crazy play until the river when he suddenly gave up. If he really had a hand wouldn't he be betting the river too? I agree that the first three streets are fine, but I don't understand why you would bet the river here? I know that one of my leaks is not value betting enough on the river, but is this really a good value bet?

Edit to add: Now that I've read the other posts it seems the consensus is to bet the river. I know I'm weak-tight on the river so please explain why a bet here makes sense?