Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 AM

Default Methods of Torture

K, so I was reading the headlines about Bush acknowledging the secret CIA prisons and I kinda got to wondering what exactly goes on in these places. I once saw something about the use of psychedelic drugs and horrific images which would pretty much suck.

Some of you dudes know a lot about this kind of stuff. Discuss.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Methods of Torture

I know nothing about the subject, but I think something as simple as being forced to stand in a bright room without being allowed to sleep for extended periods of time would be pretty effective. I suspect ehy have had a tough few years.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 AM

Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 AM

i think getting high and tripping would be far from torture.

torture would be having a needle placed into your eye. torture would be placeing your balls into a vice grip and slowly tightening it untill they popped.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 AM

CIA Methods

Water boarding appears to be the ultimate:

[ QUOTE ]
6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CIA Methods

Water boarding appears to be the ultimate:

[ QUOTE ]
6. Water Boarding: The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt.

According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm looking for.

I wonder if the interrogators and torturees devolop a kind of bond after the torturee finally caves? You know- swapping stories about what a-holes their respective bosses are (Hey, were just all doing our jobs here- nothing personal) and [censored] like that.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM

from wiki;

2005, Brian Ross and Richard Esposito described the CIA's "waterboarding" technique as follows in an article posted on the ABC News web site:

"The prisoner is bound to an inclined board, feet raised and head slightly below the feet. Cellophane is wrapped over the prisoner's face and water is poured over him. Unavoidably, the gag reflex kicks in and a terrifying fear of drowning leads to almost instant pleas to bring the treatment to a halt. According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last over two minutes before begging to confess. 'The person believes they are being killed, and as such, it really amounts to a mock execution, which is illegal under international law,' said John Sifton of Human Rights Watch."
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM

2 minutes not bad.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about the subject, but I think something as simple as being forced to stand in a bright room without being allowed to sleep for extended periods of time would be pretty effective. I suspect ehy have had a tough few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my pretty much uniformed opinion as well, knowing nothing of water boarding. Sleep deprivation, all by itself is very effective. Combined with a small caloric deficiency and mild physical difficulties would break most people. I think limits on temperature are pretty closely examined/rejected as inappropriate, and that physical harrassment does not tend to be useful as well as being considered inappropriate.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:36 AM

what a flock of bitches. if i decide that i would rather die than confess, i sure as sheeit am not gonna cave in after a weak-ass drowning. drowning is like one of the best ways to go. i dont know why people are so afraid of it. you just breathe water and pass out.

i might actually pretend to cave a couple times and be like "okay, okay! i'll confess! confess that your mothers a whore! HIYO!" man, i kina want to do it now....