Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 AM

Default J9o WA/WB

Villain in this hand was unknown at the time. I got a good read on him as the session progressed but was pretty much readless at the time of this hand. I had some datamined stats on him but very few hands at the time.

My table image is great - I have shown down monsters and been treating the table maniac as my personal door mat.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.33 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.33 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...Straight is unlikely, so I'm probably good here 1 time in 6.3 if he bets. It's close, though.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: J9o WA/WB

Uh, you're usually ahead on the flop, there's plenty of hands you can charge and you don't have position. If he value bets, fold.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:40 AM

this is like the worst card in the world for him. bet/folding looks good unless you think he's going to recognize that. even then, a bluff raise in his spot - on that card - is so nutso that im willing to take that hit. i just dont see many people bluffing again on that river card if you check
Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 AM

I would bet/fold this river. I would have c/r the flop. If I hadn't c/r the flop I would have c/r the turn.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:04 AM

CR that turn brah
Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
this is like the worst card in the world for him. bet/folding looks good unless you think he's going to recognize that. even then, a bluff raise in his spot - on that card - is so nutso that im willing to take that hit. i just dont see many people bluffing again on that river card if you check

[/ QUOTE ]

So what worse hands do you guys expect villain will call with, after you have donked the 3-flush 4-straight river? I can't think of many.

You say that not many people will bluff the river which is probably correct. So c/f.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Flop: I would check/raise the flop. The board is so draw heavy that you'll either get him to incorrectly fold a lot of hands if he's tight, or if he's loose you'll get the most out of him if he decides to call with a weak draw. Your hand is likely best, so you may as well get some value out of it on the flop.

Turn: If there is wisdom to check/calling this flop, it's so you can bet out on the turn if a blank falls to avoid giving a free card. Since the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes the board even more draw heavy, I think it is imperative that you bet the turn. Regardless of whether or not you check/raised the flop, I think you must bet here.

River: Seems like a straightforward check/call.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-08-2006, 06:21 PM

Personally, I would bet out the flop, then call if he raises. I would then follow up with a check raise on a non-scare turn card such as that one.

Also, I am going to agree with you that check/calling the river is the better play here. As he is a maniac, could we really safely fold to a raise from him here? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If he had a normal river aggression %, then I would bet out, but if he is a manic as you say, then his river aggression is going to be high. A check/call lets him bluff at you when he behind.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 AM

Drew --

Unfortunately, I've lost the password to my "WAWB Police" gimmick account, but if I hadn't, he'd be pointing out that this isn't a WAWB situation at all.

I'd call the river, for whatever it's worth.

--Nate
Old 08-10-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CR that turn brah

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that or the flop.

This is very solid hand HU against a blind stealer.

Free cards here=bad and he'll call you down with so much cheese.