Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Belterra Update

Has anyone checked out Belterra since they started their poker appreciation days? The tournaments are cheap and the $2 max rake could be worthwhile but I don't want to drive all the way there and find out they are still only spreading 2 tables with one 2/4 and the other 1/2nl. Anyone got the scoop?

I get the distinct impression that this is the last, dying breath of a once decent card room. I predict a return of slot machines to the area.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Belterra Update

Anyone?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:18 PM

Hey deathtoau, the tourneys have been going well and on the weekends they have had to pull in a pit dealer to help as there have been more games than dealers. Last sat they had one 2-5 and three 1-2 nl games and of the course the 2/4 and 3/6 limit games. I think the room has bounced back nicely since Argosy opened up. Bad beat will supposedly be in effect by months end also. Business has been picking up noticably.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
three 1-2 nl games and of the course the 2/4 and 3/6 limit games

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is a nice bounce back, then they should just let it die.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 PM

why dont you highlight the 2-5 game also and they had 9-10 games going. sounds like you have something against Belterra...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they had 9-10 games going

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against Belterra.

Sure they had 9-10 games going, primarily 1/2 NL and 2/4, 3/6 limit. (Why would you even spread 2/4 and 3/6 at the same time???)

I primarily like to play limit poker. I'm not driving 3 hours or so (one way) to play 3/6. Sorry, since I would be driving by places that regularly spread 10/20. Or add an hour or two to that drive and hit Ceasars with a whole wide range of limits.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the update. That is what I was afraid the answer would be. They had been spreading 10/20 and occasionally we even got a 20/40 game going, then all of a sudden they changed to max of 4/8 and the brush refused to open a higher limit game even with open tables and full interest lists. After 2 straight trips of 3/6 or 4/8 being the highest game spread, I went back to the Grand Vic and found all the 10/20 regulars again. Now with Argosy open, I just can't justify driving the additional miles to the other rooms. Why they decided to cater to only the lowest level players I'll never understand.

I may make one final trip to play in one of the tournaments and cash in my comps. Do the 60 seats sell out early or are there generally open seats up till start time? Do you have any info on levels and starting stack sizes?

Thanks,
d