Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 03:05 PM

Default AQo cold call PF. Am I a fish?

Against an opponent w/ a lower PFR I would just lay this down but this guy was 20/12/1.8 after 500 hands. CO and Button were both fish so I thought I had the equity to call. Not too sure about this though, I don't like coldcalling.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 01-22-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: AQo cold call PF. Am I a fish?

If you thought you had equity, you should raise. But you're out of position. I don't mind the call (calling a raise out of the blinds is not CCing) because it closes the action and eliminates the posibility for a pre-flop cap. You did have overcards on the flop and I would have considered a call if he was looser. The flop fold is fine.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Does villain adjust his raising hands based on position? His high pfr could come from a lot of stealing/isolating. If he doesn't adjust I think you can coldcall. I don't like your flop fold though. If you think villain has a hand that you can't call this flop profitably against (QQ+ AK) you shouldn't call preflop. If you think villains range is wider, e.g. it includes hands like AJ, KQ, 88/99+ you should peel the flop getting 12:1.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:01 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not peel one off right here? You're getting 12-to-1 here with two overcards and a backdoor straight(thought you need two perfect cards). 12% pfr probably means hes raising ajo-ak, a10s-aks, 88-aa, kjo-kqo. You're only way behind to a-10, ak, aa, kk, qq, tt on the flop, which is a very safe flop btw. And most of those hands you have enough outs to call. I'd see the turn and fold unimproved.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:52 PM

I think you played this perfectly.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 PM

Is it wrong that I would call this flop 90% of the time with AQo? It's a pretty weak draw, but closing the action is swell.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it wrong that I would call this flop 90% of the time with AQo? It's a pretty weak draw, but closing the action is swell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a raiser with tight PFR standards I would not call this. The chance that you are dominated is too great, especially from somebody raising in EP who has a clue. Against somebody with looser standards you can call depending on the situation.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:38 PM

yeah I dont think I can fold AQ despite domination when he has a PRF of 12. reraising OOP is a bit of a tougher one...

I think u can call one one the flop and fold turn UI

anyways Ive gotten myself in trouble before by calling flops here, getting a card that makes me a second best hand and then losing lots of BB. eg a Queen on the turn when he has kings would really suck.

seems to me like villian has an overpair.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:49 PM

*grunch*

i think coldcalling with AQo is standard preflop
i would have folded on flop too
Old 01-22-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think coldcalling with AQo is standard preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I just love that smiley [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously though, this is very, very far from the truth.