Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Default 200 BB $25/50 NL Party Poker

Opponent: GambleNoLose , sort of loose and easy to read from what Ive seen. 24/10.

Stacks: $9500

I open K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP in 10 handed game. SB calls and BB makes it $650. I call.

Flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bets $890. I call.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet $1450. He shoves allin.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 200 BB $25/50 NL Party Poker

whats your image at the table thus far? would he do this with 1010-QQ?

he played it pretty straightforward, possibly not realizing the strength of your hand the way you played it. he's obviously not worried about 1010 though.

fold?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM

f2,

How often does a guy like this have AcKc here?

How hard does he attack underbets?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:11 PM

why bet 890 there if you're not calling a push? fwiw, i would probably call. he either has a set (unlikely given his re-raise out of position and the low board - although obviously not impossible) or something like AK where he wants you to go away. Otherwise, say with AA, it's one of those bets where he will only get called by a better hand (since he doesn't sound tricky enough to expect a big call from you if he makes an overbet).
Old 08-01-2006, 01:12 PM

diablo.. do you feel he is attacking so hard due to strength of his hand solely, or the fact that hero has played his hand so passively that he feels he can get him to fold to a push with a marginal hand?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:16 PM

I fold.

So big difference between AA and KK here it's not even funny, I find it hard to believe QQ/JJ would go ahead and push this much on turn here very often, seems contradictory to me. It will prob happen, but not often enough to make KK calling here profitable it seems to me.

I guess AKcc would make sense for him as well (in making this huge bet, much more so than QQ/JJ), but I don't know, w/ 200bb here I fold.

With AA, this is obv an instacall for me.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 PM

isn't this what diablo calls the stack-a-donk line? raise (or reraise) pf, bet flop, cr turn ai. so he has a big pair, or AKcc: you're a big fave over AKcc and a huge fave vs QQ; you're a huge dog vs AA and you chop with KK. unless you think he very rarely plays QQ like this, it looks like a call.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:36 PM

IMO i would fold, but i think there is reason for possibly calling because you are representing something of marginal strength, IE JJ, QQ. You are only beating AcKc, and QQ, i doubt he'd push w/ JJ here ever.

i think his range is so small, given the aggression and total disregard to you showing aggression back at him, that is reason for folding. he has decided with the possible AA, that if you call and table 1010, he reloads.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:40 PM

TWP: Not really getting why he shouldn't be betting 890 on flop if he's not calling a push; it's a standard flop bet which means pretty much zilch.

I'm assuming you were referring to OPs bet of 1450 on turn instead, and heres my take on that:

I don't see why we cannot bet 1450 w/ KK and still not fold to a push here; reasoning like that doesn't seem very logical to me; I mean, we would obviously want to bet to get value out of worse hands, like QQ/JJ or so that might just c/c if they decided not to bet here, since we cannot foresee his action, that shouldn't influence into ALWAYS checking here or something like that. I will definately check some of the time here as well, but the fact that I bet does not in any way mean I have to get it allin. His actions isn't solely gonna be fold or c/r, right?

Also, we would bet like this w/ a wide range of other hands to make AK fold for example, which makes him c/c worse hands than we have as well, which also is a reason to bet for us (and still not be forced to call an allin.)
Old 08-01-2006, 01:41 PM

Yes, turn, sorry.

Edit: And it's not the bet that I'm objecting to if we're folding, it's the size of the bet. I would probably prefer smaller or definitely bigger but the amount bet seems like just the amount to induce a bluff raise...