Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 06:42 AM

Default I Get Owned

So I'm playing in the Paris 1/2 tonight. GREAT table, very loose, mostly drunk tourists. I'm down a little becuase I've been running bad, but still sitting right at the $300 cap buy in when this hand comes up.

UTG raises to $7 (this almsot certainly means he has nothing). Six out of the remaining 8 players call the $7. I have 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. I squeeze to $50, expecting to take the pot down right there, as I had a tight image and people didnt like to commit too much preflop. Folds around to the button who thinks for a mintue and calls.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I lead for $75, leaving about $175 behind. He tanks and calls.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I push for the $175, he tanks hard, and finally anounces a call. I throw my cards into the muck.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He flips his cards over and anounces "Boat!", while revealing 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pair of threes, ship it. He thought he had 55.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: I Get Owned

stop bluffing fish
Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: I Get Owned

dude, you could've caught a 4. way to kill your hand.