Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Default freind brags about $$ from pizza delivery

I was chilling with my freinds yesterday throwin back some beers at the beach. A couple of us devliverd pizzas back in highshcool, me included. The place needed someone for just one night, my freind filled in for them. He excitedly brags about how he worked for 3 hours and made 58$!

I MADE 375.46$/HR TODAY, SHIP IT BITCH.

Ok so does anyone else struggle to hold thier tongue when people around them brag about how much they are making, or when people talk down to you and are all like "you need to get a steady job"? I used to slip up some and let the cat out the bag. I ve told a select few people about how much I had made like 3 months ago, but I dont say much now. I just grin on the inside and keep quiet now. How about you guys?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: freind brags about $$ from pizza delivery

I dont say [censored] cuase I dont feel like explaining it. When people ask I just say if I told you my hourly rate you'd kill me. And I also see no reason to brag, im happy for my friends if they are happy with their earn, I feel no need to top them. I dont see a reason to point out that 1 hr of my work is the same as 80 of theirs.

Its been really weird lately for me at my house. All of my roomates have a sudden interest in how much I'm winning/losing every day and its starting to make me feel uncomfortable. Then again, when I'm around poker players I have no problem telling them in detail pretty much anything they'd want to know. I guess they just know how hard it is and they have gone through the same swings I have so its easier to let them know because it doesn't really matter to us.

I like to walk around and look at people working and think of how much more I make by multitabling while posting in bbv [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And you're bragging about your hourly rate while running good that is lower than mine overall. It's all relative, and making 58$ in 3 hours isn't that bad. Don't be a dick.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And you're bragging about your hourly rate while running good that is lower than mine overall. It's all relative, and making 58$ in 3 hours isn't that bad. Don't be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE! Buzz kill, dude.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM

hey man... I didnt say a thing, but these are the same people that doubted me for all the months that it took me to hone my game. I told them everything, I trusted taht they would believe in me because they were my freinds. Does this make them bad freinds? No I dont htink so, but does it make me a b ad person to have a mental grin when they tell me about thier measly earnings?

I am happy for my freinds, and I hold back from telling everyone how much I make for more then one reason...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 PM

You live in a different world than your friend... a world he will never know
Old 07-26-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to walk around and look at people working and think of how much more I make by multitabling while posting in bbv [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I buy things, I measure them in how much time it takes to make the money for it, not in how much it actually is.

So if someone tries to talk to me like I shouldn't be spending $5 on a coffee, well, sure I understand how they don't want to spend 30 minutes on a coffee, but I don't mind spending a minute or two on it.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of BBV post is this? The correct answer is to reiterate your baller status, buy some 1k sunglasses, then smash those and buy another pair because you roll like that.