Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM

Default (22) >10BB Uber tight table

I'm re-evaluating my 5 handed play and wondered how you guys play in this situation?

Most raises have resulted in folding around. I would typically fold this hand in this situation due to having >10BB but I am short stack and know that with <10BB this is an easy push.

Does anyone loosen up 5 handed in this exact situation and if so, with this hand, or does it require a better hand?

Is the golden rule, NEVER start pushing until <10BB or can is pushing valid in certain situations as described above?

Stu

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t2500)
Hero (t2115)
BB (t3585)
UTG (t2705)
MP (t2595)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: (22) >10BB Uber tight table

This is a simple muck. With less than 10bb its still a simple muck, I don't know why you think its an easy push? I'll loosen up a bit at a tight table, but not soo muh to start raising with this hand.
And to answer your question about pushing with &gt;10bb, I frequently find myself doing it. I'll normally push any hand I want to play with 12-13bb. A lot of the time I push with 15bb with hands like AK/AQ/TT/99, its really situation dependent.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM

Hi Jay,

I ran the numbers for his range before posting and it's a simple push. He's so tight he only breaths in, trust me.

But I got your opinion on what matters. Thanks,

Stu
Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Sorry for above post, I thought you were in CO due to the layout of the stacks from the converter. Simple push then for me. I don't like open raising from the SB without a premium hand due to being OOP.