Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Stupidest thing you\'ve done in a while

My friend threw a beach themed party on Saturday and they bought this big waterslide just for the party. I didn't know it was a beach party so I was just wearing regular clothes. I got hammered and after I lost a game of beirut I ran and jumped through the waterslide fully clothed, with my ipod and cell phone in my pockets.

The ipod wasn't working when I checked it so I put it in his room to dry off and forgot about it so it's still there maybe broken, the cell phone is definitely broken. Potentially $900 lost to being a drunk moron.

Anyone top that recently?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Stupidest thing you\'ve done in a while

I think the dumbest thing you did was buy a $500 cell
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM

You're right. I bought it four years ago, it was like the first thing I got with poker money so I wanted to get something nice, but it turned out it was just the same phone everyone else had except it was massively overpriced because of where I bought it. The fact that I got hosed on it in the first place just makes it worse.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:32 AM

I expect to see something from this guy soon.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 AM

brewed a pot of coffee this morning but didn't put the pot back on the burner.

Yeah, can you say [censored]? Today is getting better and better.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 AM

BBQ a couple days ago at a buddies hosue, we were making all kinds of stuff, I was cutting the bread up, sliced my palm pretty bad, it stopped bleeding, went back to cut more bread, sliced my thumb, then one more for good measuere I dropped the knife on my foot (sandals), cut my foot too. I wanst even that drunk.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 AM

I had 2 semi major house projects for this year, replace the asphalt driveway/concrete walkway, and treat the house for a small termite infestation.

I did the driveway/walkway first.

If your not familiar with Termidor termite treatment (the best residental treatment), it involves injecting insecticide into the ground around the foundation at about 16 inch intervals. I did not know this...

So basically, two weeks after having new concrete and asphalt laid down, I paid a guy to drill holes in it. Had I just looked into it a little, I could have had him do it though the old crappy stuff...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the dumbest thing you did was buy a $500 cell

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean blowing money on something that loses almost all its value and top-of-the-line status within a year is a bad idea?

FWIW, my cell was $50, and works fine.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:22 PM

I didn't do this all that recently (2 years ago), but it's funny how flat-out dumb I can be sometimes.

My wife and I were just arriving in Ocean City (MD) for the week. We were staying at a (loaded) relative's condo, and stopped at a grocery store for some stuff for the fridge (Sorry, this is not a drunken story, I don't need to be smashed to be an idiot). I decided to get some cash (yeah, I know, you'd think at the beginning of a vacation I'd have plenty, right? Wait, it gets better), so I walk over to the ATM, put my credit card in and punch in my PIN. I get an error message. OK, must have typed it wrong. I punch it in again. Error message. What the hell? One more try. Error message, card confiscated. Holy [censored].

I'm about as pissed as I've ever been, so I write down the phone number on the machine for later, then walk over to my wife and start venting. I pretty much don't stop until we get the groceries out to the car (obviously, she paid). For whatever reason, seconds after I sat down in the car I start looking through my wallet ...

... and there's my credit card looking right at me ...

... aw, hell.

The second I saw it, I knew my wife was going to laugh her ass off hysterically at me once she knew what I'd done, so I decided to play it up a bit. She noticed I had quit venting, and saw me looking through my wallet ...

(Obviously I don't remember exactly what was said, but it was close to this.)

Wife: "What you looking for?"
Dumbo ("ignoring" her): "Debit card, press pass, security card, driver's license, Sam's Club card, health insurance card ... ah, that's it."
Wife (looking at me like I'm an alien, which she does a lot): "What's it?"
Dumbo: "The ATM doesn't like my library card."
Wife (after a moment): No you didn't.
Dumbo: (hold up my credit card)
Wife: (speechless)

After a few seconds, the laughing started.

By the way, this is par for the course for me. I've tried to make instant pudding with water before. It's hard to act smart after something like that.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 PM

I walked into the a room with the specific idea of grabbing a DVD and grabbed something else....3 times in a row.