Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Bottom Full Scary Board

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls

I think the turn is standard but would welcome comments....
On the river my immediate thought is that with it being three handed I should raise, but without the bet on the turn, Q-K and Q-J are likely hands for either player. Is a raise automatic here?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Bottom Full Scary Board

How well do you know the players? Can you give them credit for a bigger boat if they 3B the river?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 AM

That is the hardest part about the hand. Both of the other players are good. I also know that there is no way I can lay down this hand after I raise. I know that this is a leak of mine. I probably wouldn't even lay it down if it was 3 and then 4 bet behind me. I would know I'm beat, but I still almost always call in this situation.
I have identified this leak and it is hands like this that it comes into play because I am pretty sure the correct play is to value raise the river and if a 3 bettor is not a tard to lay down.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:45 AM

I would bet/call the turn. Most players will lead out the straight. They know the board is scary. I would raise the river most definately given how you played the turn.

Edit: You can be a big winner in this game without folding any boats.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:01 AM

I would raise the river; KQ and KK / QQ / JJ can be significantly due to the flop and preflop action respectively.