Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Does Playing Live Help Your Online Game?

Has live game experience helped your online game skills or performance any? Discuss.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Does Playing Live Help Your Online Game?

It is refreshing to play a slow-moving single table of poker. The extra time to think does enhance my ability to play, especially after multitabling online.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:25 PM

I find my online hand reading is more finely tuned after a trip to Vegas or AC.

Actually, I would say that online has helped my live game, especially when it comes to dealing with variance. Last time I went to AC, I lost money playing 1/2. The two times I got stacked, I got the money in with the best hand and lost to a 3-outer. Experiencing that exact situation frequently online helped me not tilt off any more $$$.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Not really. Playing live made me play looser online. There's more benefit going from online to live than vice versa. It donesn't really help me technically, but it does break the monotone online play. There's more texture live. Look at those stacks! and those cleavage.. ummmmmmm.. cleavage.. maybe I should order a drink to make sure she comes back. You know the drill.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 PM

When playing live I have to make sure that I don't get bored folding and try something stupid like playing draws too agressivly, or bluffing in the wrong spot. Online plays more to my ADD nature because there is always a decent hand to play.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:58 PM

Playing live softens me up because people are so terrible I have more room for mistakes, plus there are tons of situations live where I can take pots away that I would get looked up correctly 100% of the time online. Online I play 3/6 basically and live I play 8/16 because it's the highest I can afford with minimal chance of BUSTO. The 8/16 game is roughly equivalent to a .5/1 shorthanded game online if it's a tough lineup and somewhere between play money and .5/1 in a great lineup. I play live because it's a lot of fun to beat up on subhuman retards despite my nonexpert poker skill, but it definitely does not make me better. Playing online makes me much better live and is what separates me from the animals that are grinding out $6 an hour or something playing 8/16.