Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 06:44 PM
 is offline

Default Ideal Vegas Restaurant for an Engagement Celebration Dinner

I know OOT likes to stray a bit more off topic than Vegas restaurants, but I couldn't seem to find any threads that addressed this precise need.

Basically, I'll be in Vegas starting the end of July and, if all goes well, I'll be newly engaged. I'm looking for a nice Vegas restaurant that would happily cater to about 11 or 12 people (mixed group of friends and family) and would be an ideal setting for an engagement celebration dinner (read: semi-fancy, elegant setting that will still allow for some semi-loud conversation). Targeting around $40/person, but I'm flexible if you think there is a place that would be perfect.

Also, if there's a better place to post this, suggest away (perhaps B&M?).

Thanks!

edit: The $40/person target was not taking drinks into consideration.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Ideal Vegas Restaurant for an Engagement Celebration Dinner

if it is a normal drinking crowd, $40 doesn't really get you too far.

I actually liked Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. it's a chain, but I think it's decent looking inside and serve good food. steak frites are around $20/plate iirc, and they have a good selection of wines by the glass. this might be a good fit.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:54 PM

Denny's on the strip is great, they never close and breakfast is available any time of the day. I hear they serve a mean country fried steak. oh, and you can talk as loud as you want.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:55 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Denny's on the strip is great, they never close and breakfast is available any time of the day. I hear they serve a mean country fried steak. oh, and you can talk as loud as you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2006, 06:58 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
seriously, i really enjoyed emerill's seafood restaurant in the MGM. It fits in your $40 and under range. Very good service and nice staff. Great wine selection and the red snapper was the best ive ever had.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
seriously, i really enjoyed emerill's seafood restaurant in the MGM. It fits in your $40 and under range. Very good service and nice staff. Great wine selection and the red snapper was the best ive ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Expected this place to be more expensive, but this is good to know.

I suppose there really won't be a shortage of restaurants to choose from; just curious if anyone had some favorites that fit the bill.

Good suggestions so far, BTW.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:59 PM

it may be a little above your price range, but Hugo's at the 4 Queens is one of my favorite vegas restaurants and sounds perfect for what you have in mind. it's basically a steak and chop house, and it does that well, but it's not a french laundry by any means. its main draw is the ambiance. it's dark and quiet seeming, but the floor is broken up into little room-ish areas, sort of, so each party has the sense that they're the only ones there. the service is awesome as well.
to summerize-very good food, top notch atmosphere (especially for a party of the size you're looking at), great service, possibly a bit higher prices than you're looking at.

also, the appetizers are what's going to drive the bill above your target (since you've stipulated that drinks aren't included in the target), but their salad service is included in the entree price and is pretty much an appetizer itself. made to order on a mobile cart at your table, each person gets to choose from a huge list of fixin's. the salad's absolutely wonderful. also, each woman in the party gets greeted at the door with a long stem rose, the coffee service at the end of the meal is very cool (chocolate covered cinnamon stick stirrers, etc), and the complimentary dessert is a plate of chocolate dipped fruit.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:01 PM

Here you go.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:07 PM

Whenever I have a large-ish group dinner in Vegas I go to The Palm at Caesar's. There's a room in the back that's reserved for groups, so while it's not private it's not in the middle of the restaurant either. Loud is most definitely not a problem. It will be more than $40/person with booze, but if people don't go too crazy it's not THAT bad. And they're running some surf and turf specials this summer, would be worth checking out.