Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Me and you

Fellow mods,

It is not my intention to intimidate any of you in a way that prevents you from doing your job as moderator effectively.

There are some of us who frankly do not like each other or the way in which we mod and that is not going to change.

However I understand that when it comes down to it we are all a team and need to work together on some level and I am willing to do that.

I care about OOT and while I know many of you do not agree with what I've done I assure I do what I do in an attempt to make the forum the best it can possibly be.

I think some of the problem may be we simply do not understand each other. I get frustrated and hostile because I do not feel that many of you understand or care about OOT and that it is a very different forum and has a much differnt history than the forums you moderate. However I have also done a poor job in trying to understand and be considerate of what you do, your opinions and where you are coming from.

I would like to open a dailogue with any of you who are willing either within this thread or in private via PM, so that we can come to have a better working relationship.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Me and you

I think you need to show much more respect to the Cyber Sissy Patrol!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 PM

[censored] sent me a PM pretty much offering the same offer for open-dialogue which I do appreciate.

My first suggestion is that I don't particularly care for the public-forum discussion of the "cyber-sissy patrol."

It's one thing to admit that not all mods get along. Everyone knows this.
We already have many posters who are taking one side or another in various disputes.

But I just think it's too much to go out there and practically say, "Hey. Some really wussy mods out there don't like the way I run things. They disagree with me all the freaking time. Their names are......"
Old 07-04-2006, 03:42 AM

[censored],

I must admit that I have never fully understood the purpose of OOT. I hope that you can explain your perspective of it to me.

I mean, I understand that 2p2 gets more ad revenue from banners being exposed to more people in OOT. But at one point in this forum you referred to OOT as the "biggest and best" forum on 2p2. There's no doubt that it's the biggest single forum. But that you think it's the best forum suggests to me that you think it serves a purpose beyond ad revenue. Beyond even the other forums, to the degree that OOT is in fact the whole point to the 2p2 forums.

So, I'm asking you what you think the function of OOT is?

I'd also like to hear Mat's or Ryan's answer to this same question.

The reason I ask -- and the reason why I even care after never being an active OOTer -- is becasue it seems like actions being taken in the interest of OOT are not in the interest of the strategy forums. One obvious example is the sponger banning which I admit I don't know the full history of. But still, why should anything that happens in OOT have any effect on the strat forums?
Old 07-04-2006, 04:54 AM

i'm going to sleep and don't have the energy to go into detail about my perspective right now, but from your perspective, does it seem that oot could disappear entirely without being detrimental to the website as a whole?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...does it seem that oot could disappear entirely without being detrimental to the website as a whole?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think posters would spend the same amount of time in the strategy forums. Obviously, their OOT time on twoplustwo.com would disappear.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...does it seem that oot could disappear entirely without being detrimental to the website as a whole?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think posters would spend the same amount of time in the strategy forums. Obviously, their OOT time on twoplustwo.com would disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laughably incorrect. Getting rid of OOT would kill traffic.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Laughably incorrect. Getting rid of OOT would kill traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an example i would never come back to 2+2 if we got rid of oot. By doing so you'd be telling me you don't want my business or my participation on the forums.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:16 PM

Although I can only speculate, I'd agree that eliminating OOT would reduce traffic.

I'm sure that OOT and the strat forums have a kind of symbiotic relationship which benfits each other, I'm just not exactly clear what the benefits are for the strat forums. Sure, it increases traffic. But, in SSNL anyway, we already have so much traffic that it also hurts the forum at times. And 2p2 can't be only about ever-increasing traffic. If it is, then I'd say it's lost its way.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:27 PM

Since we can't bash mods publically, I'll use this thread, since it contains the most recent example.

Dynasty, please stop being dumb. The way you are acting, the decisions you're making, they are making the forums worse. I really hope that the Admins do something about this, but if not, can you at least think for a second before you stick your finger in the 2p2 light socket again?