Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 01:41 PM

Default TPGK Big Flop Action

I have top pair with a good kicker but I don't like the bet/raise action that came back to me. Raiser was not an idiot so I think he has me outkicked at best or flopped 2 pair or a set. I cold called this due to the table texture and the number of people that already cold called.

MP1 is 55/33/1.7
MP2 is 17/8/2

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-01-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: TPGK Big Flop Action

Sometimes it sucks folding hands like this on the flop, but I'd say you have to here. You're getting about 6:1 odds right now, which isn't enough to improve, which I think you have to do most of the time. You don't close the action. You could improve and still lose with that action.

I'd smile, roll my eyes, and lay it down.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it sucks folding hands like this on the flop, but I'd say you have to here. You're getting about 6:1 odds right now, which isn't enough to improve, which I think you have to do most of the time. You don't close the action. You could improve and still lose with that action.

I'd smile, roll my eyes, and lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't close the action but the chances of it being re-riased are slim to none. This is why I cold called. I dispise cold calling but sometimes it just seems right [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't close the action but the chances of it being re-riased are slim to none. This is why I cold called. I dispise cold calling but sometimes it just seems right [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree about the cold calling - I tend to do it more often than most. But I don't think this is the situation.

True, it won't get 3bet most of the time. But sometimes it will, costing you more at the same time as showing you that you are most likely further behind.

It's true that you are probably ahead of MP1 most of the time, but it looks like MP2 wants to protect his hand or is raising for value. With the stats that he has, and the fact that he cold-called PF, I don't think he's doing either of those things with less than AJ. This leads me to believe that a vast majority of the time, you are drawing to 0 - 3 outs, and it's too expensive to continue.

One of the things about cold-calling lighter than usual is to know when to let it go as well.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:34 PM

is this realy a fold??

how often do you think the tag is raising with 2 pair here??

are you sure he isn't trying ot isolate the LAG?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how often do you think the tag is raising with 2 pair here??

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime. Why would you not raise w/ two pair here?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree about the cold calling - I tend to do it more often than most. But I don't think this is the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I cold call once every 500 hands that would be too much for me.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 PM

i would fold the flop.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I cold call once every 500 hands that would be too much for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe - I see what you mean. But I play in live games where it consistently goes limp, limp, raise, coldcall, coldcall, and here I am on the button with a pocket pair, or AJs, or even 87s - I'm coldcalling! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]