Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Hand Grabber

I know this is the same basic rehashed stuff, so I apologize in advance. I've been waiting for a reload bonus at Party Poker (I somehow missed the one a couple weeks ago) as a reason to get back over there and check out the hand grabber that I've heard so much about. I just got an email telling me there's $20 in my account as a free bonus and this is the perfect excuse. Not seeing mucked hands after I call a big bet in NL or go back and forth on the flop, turn and river with reraises drives me nuts. I think they should show anyways, but that's another issue.

So my question is, how do I get the hand grabber and is it pretty easy to install/use? I had no problem setting up PT and Gametime+ so I imagine I won't have any trouble. But if someone could fill me in or even just provide a link, I'd greatly appreciated. I've done a bunch of searches, but most results are just in depth discussions on certain aspects about it. I'll continue to look in the meantime but would love a push in the right direction. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Hand Grabber

Oh my goodness. Your post has about about 5 times as much content as it needs. Read the FPHG thread (it's in the FAQ) to download version6. Doubleclick the included batch file. Done.

If you have trouble, let us know. Sorry about NL reraises and the deposit bonus and all that other stuff you brought up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 06-27-2006, 06:13 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot and sorry for going on a bit too much. I just downloaded it. So I have the little black box open now with Party. Is this where the mucked hands show or do I actually see them with Gametime+?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 PM

Ok, you should switch to PAHud instead of GT+. Then you'll have mucked hands. You won't need FPHG for this.

FPHG is for generating handhistories for hands you didn't sit in. Like data-gathering.
-Sam

edit: Maybe you can use FPHG to generate real-time hhfs, and point GT+ to the right folder. I don't know; doesn't seem worth the hassle.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, you should switch to PAHud instead of GT+. Then you'll have mucked hands. You won't need FPHG for this.

FPHG is for generating handhistories for hands you didn't sit in. Like data-gathering.
-Sam

edit: Maybe you can use FPHG to generate real-time hhfs, and point GT+ to the right folder. I don't know; doesn't seem worth the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaaahh ... my bad. PAHud is the pay version right? All this time I thought hand grabber was the way to get the mucked hands. So with this program though, I can open a table and just watch without sitting down and it will track the stats with PT just like if I was sitting at the table? If I'm right here, it's basically a way to amass a huge database?

Also, is getting PAHud nasically the best or only way to get mucked hands?

Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I'm still trying to figure out this hand grabber program (you responded to my thread and told me to ask if I had any questions). I'm really pretty clueless. I'm slowly working my way through the FPHG thread but it seems a bit over my head. Could you just let me know if this is something a somewhat computer novice could figure out or if I should just stick with PT and PAHud? I don't want to bug you with questions, but I'd love to figure this thing out and start loading up PT with more stats than I can currently compile just by playing.

Any help would be great or even a push in the right direction. But I'd completely understand if you don't have the time or patience to deal with a FPHG newbie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's how it breaks down.

When I play poker, I'm only running PT and PAHud. However, when I want to gather more data (often called "datamining" or "observing"), I run PT and FPHG. See, you don't get hand-histories from games you're not playing; if you want to be able to gather EXTRA info into PT, you can leave FPHG running to catch hand-histories for games that wouldn't normally record. (iWitness will help orchestrate this process.)

Hope that makes sense. When playing: PT & PAHud. When observing: PT, FPHG, & iWitness.
-Sam
Old 06-28-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how it breaks down.

When I play poker, I'm only running PT and PAHud. However, when I want to gather more data (often called "datamining" or "observing"), I run PT and FPHG. See, you don't get hand-histories from games you're not playing; if you want to be able to gather EXTRA info into PT, you can leave FPHG running to catch hand-histories for games that wouldn't normally record. (iWitness will help orchestrate this process.)

Hope that makes sense. When playing: PT & PAHud. When observing: PT, FPHG, & iWitness.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I really appreciate the help. I'm starting to get the hang of it and was actually able to manually import observed Party hands to PT. I just have one or two more questions (at least for the moment) if it's not too much trouble.

I assume there has to be a way to auto import the files from observed hands right? I just don't quite get it since PT already knows where to get my Party hands from, and it's obviously not the same folder as the observed hands from the FPHG. Do I have to manually import the observed hands each time? And just as a side question, do I delete observed hands from the FPHG folder after I import them or just leave them there.

Thanks again. You've been a huge help. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]