Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 11:29 AM

Default \'Instant Bankroll\' -type offers for Party -- how do they work??

I have a Q about these 'instant bankroll affiliates', who you see offering $50 or $75 for new signups without them having to deposit anything or give credit card info.

I thought about doing something similar but was told by EVERY party affiliate rep I emailed that under no circumstances would they EVER give me the screename of people who signed up under me, nor would they even confirm for me a signup even if I had the player's screename, real name, and other details. They made it seem as though everything is a black hole on their end and the affiliate can never get any info about his players.

SO a few rapid fire Q's for those familiar with instant bankroll programs:

1. Do you typically select CPA or MGR payment plans for these programs? Does it even actually make sense to select MGR, since I would imagine most of those drawn to instant bankrolls are hit-and-run artists, or the like, and you'll never see back the $50 you have to pay the player.

2. So do you just select the CPA plan? And then what are the logistics of it? Do you transfer the player $50 via QuickCash right up front, and then let Party pay the other $25 when the player clears the requirement (am I right that you have to select the $25 free option for the CPA tracker you set up to make this work)?

3. If I have #2 above right, does Party provide the player's info / screename for you so you can make the QuickCash transfer? (This is exactly what I was told by Party was impossible several times)

4. Where does your profit margin come from? Are you really just getting $75 / player, and hence only making $25 profit / signup? That sounds kind of lame...do you also cash on on the bonanza promotions, which effectively give you another $30 - $70 (roughly) / signup? Is that what makes the arrangement worthwhile for you?
**I guess this last point might make selecting an MGR payment plan potentially worthwhile...if the $50 you have to pay the player up front is more or less negated if you're getting a good Bonanza offer that month, then I suppose the MGR the player generates is all gravy, huh, and there's very little risk?

Sorry for all these Q's, I've just never understood how these instant bankroll programs work.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re: \'Instant Bankroll\' -type offers for Party -- how do they work??

I'm not involved in anything like this but I would assume it would be MGR. Granted, most people will bust out but if oyu wnat to make money (like I did for PSO for overa year), then the affiliate should go with the MGR scheme.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:31 AM

1. Ours is set up with MGR. I think it largely depends on where you are advertising but I am happy with the decision.

2. The $25 has been the best option for us. We also offer a $150 instant bankroll ($50+100) but everyone selects the $50+$25 one.

3. I don't entirely understand the question. Just call your affiliate manager and they will tell you how to set it up.

4. Bonanzas pretty much negate the risk of players not playing. The risk is fraudulent players since they will not count towards bonanzas. We started collecting phone numbers and also checking IP addresses. There are also some traits that fraudulent e-mails have that seem to be reoccuring.

PartyPoker will get the $50 back to you if you contact them about possible fraud before the player gets a chance to dump the money.

It seems that the majority of the profit comes from the few players that play a lot.

I am positive CPA can be a better option depending on who you are targeting.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 AM

i do this on MGR and you are right about the bonanaza. The bonanaza bonus is what is basically paying for the free rolls and the mgr you get is what you are keeping in your pocket. You can do CPA and you still get roughly 70 bucks per sign up anyways because of bonanza bonuses.