Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Dear HU Forum: Hello, my mission...

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this forum, as I suppose everyone is. In this post I will explain my poker history and an interesting circumstance I find myself in, which requires me to become very good at B&M mid/hi stakes HU Limit HE very fast. If you can provide any advice as to how I should proceed, I'd appreciate it a lot, to the experts, your time is valuable, thanks for sharing it around the forums.

Background(cliff notes lower): I've been playing poker for, I believe, 2 years now. Estimates follow.

2 years ago- Played NL cash games for dimes with friends and then $20 tourneys with 20 friends.

1.5-years ago, NL $10 tourneys, some $20s, MTT and STT mostly. Read some basic holdem nl book about home games.

1.25 years ago-2+2 start, discussed STT and MTT mostly. Dabbled in limit, read HOH1, Lee Jones.

1 year ago-SSHE, more serious about limit.
10 months ago-B&M start, mostly 100NL-500NL(whoops! worked out ok though)

8 moths ago-Even more serious about limit, start more short handed study, multi tabling, playing a good amount of 3/6-4/8 at B&M.

5 months ago- TOP(haven't finished it yet), Weighing the odds(been reviewing the short handed section and finishing it). Some where around 30k hands more serious 6max 1/2-5/10 and shots at higher (30/60 whoops!).

Recently I've been playing some 8/16 B&M with varied success. One problem I have which I have just not chosen to improve is record keeping. Maybe I'll start now.

When I play B&M 20/40, especially short handed, I feel better than the rest of the players, waranted? Dunno. I have also been playing some HU lim he at WPEX and other sites.

cliff notes: Poker for 2 years, STT, MTT, LHE, SHLHE, tiny bit HULHE. $1 roll to $8k (inclusive of some bonus whoring too)

The kind of limit I need to prepare for, however, is the kind that is standard, the sb on the button.

There's someone who seems to be not so good at LHE live HU, and wants to play 30/60 or up to 75/150. I want to take advantage of this, while I am not great, this person seems to be not extremly bad, but certainly not very good, and I want to rise to a level which is higher than him, or if I am already there, rise even higher.

I'll post some stats soon, what do you think about this?

Most importantly: Advice on how to get better at HU limit HE?

Edit: Like I said, I suck at poker management, so most hands are not in PT, mostly because it's a hassle jumping from poker site to site, some aren't compatable with PT, some are just a hassle, but here are all hands ever snagged by PT with 4-6 people, fwiw:
Old 06-24-2006, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Dear HU Forum: Hello, my mission...

All limit