Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 05:40 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default I know it\'s semiold news but:

Why hasn't the GOP called for Bush's impeachement?

As far as I understand he deliberately and over many years broke this law:

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act sect 1809 states that a "person is guilty of an offense if he intentionally engages in electronic surveillance under the color of law except as authorized by statute."

Secdon 2511 requires that Fisa "shall be the exclusive means by which electronics surveillance...maybe be conducted."

Eavesdropping on americans without complying seems like a black letter law criminal offense without even remembering that he flat out lied to americans about the whole thing:

[ QUOTE ]
From a speech delivered in Buffalo, NY on 20 April 2004.

"Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires - a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. WHen we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this, like everything else BushCo has done being slowly forgotten?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 AM

Default Re: I know it\'s semiold news but:

Durrrr, cuz the Elite don't want him out of office yet. Come onnnn, next question.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Durrrr, cuz we're in a war on terror, and if you dare to criticize a Republican administration and their tactics, you're considered a traitor. Come onnnn, next question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? Government makes the law and is the law. Or in others words: they have all the power and you have none; what'ya gonna do about it, write a letter? Hahaha
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh.

And why haven't the Dems led the charge on investigating and throwing out their corrupt congressmen?

And why are people still so stupid to believe the other side is wrong but still support their side, which is almost equally as wrong, rather than push for REAL change through a new alternative?
Old 06-24-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act sect 1809 states that a "person is guilty of an offense if he intentionally engages in electronic surveillance under the color of law except as authorized by statute."

Secdon 2511 requires that Fisa "shall be the exclusive means by which electronics surveillance...maybe be conducted."

Eavesdropping on americans without complying seems like a black letter law criminal offense without even remembering that he flat out lied to americans about the whole thing:

[ QUOTE ]
From a speech delivered in Buffalo, NY on 20 April 2004.

"Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires - a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. WHen we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this, like everything else BushCo has done being slowly forgotten?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it isnt being forgotten, there is legislation pending or possibly voted on in the last week ro two on exactly these issues.

Second, the Democrats dont have a legal basis to prosecute, so why would the Republicans? Nobody has presented a winning argument that restriciting Presidential rights to warrantless wiretaps is violation of the separation of powers.

So unknot your panties and let the people who know what they are talking about resolve the issues.