Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 03:59 AM

Default A TAG chose to sit to my left, wtf?

I was sitting with 3 players, and here were the seats:

Seat 1: Open
Seat 2: TAG
Seat 3: TAG
Seat 4: Good fish
Seat 5: Open
Seat 6: DavidC

A guy sits down in seat 5. He's a TAG: 22.74/13.18/2.2 over 387 hands. He waits a sec, and then switches to Seat 1, and I'm like WTF?

In my PT this guy is down about 54bb. However, between the two of us, I'm not sure how he's faring. Now I know that in some spots vs TAGs, I've been three-betting pretty light on the turn, capping out of position with draws on the flop, and raising the turn as a semibluff.

However, in the SB HU vs a TAG, I think I've only been stealing with AA-22, AK-A2, KQ-K5, QJ-Q8, JTs-J7s, T9s-T7s,98s-96s, 87s-86s, 76s, 75s, 65s, 54s.

In the ranges where I start to include suited cards, JTs-J7s, I will probably steal JTo-J8o and steal with J7s.

Anyways, it freaked me out that this guy chose to sit on my left. I'm pretty sure that he didn't know that the guy to my right was a fish, and that the guy to my right had a big stack. So, either he sat down to my left in order to secure getting the new player to his right, or he's actually chosen me as his personal fish. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't know, any serious comments about this?

Edit: It was pretty weird. I waited for my blind, then switched to he seat one to my right, and continued to play at the table.

Edit: Here are my notes on this guy:
-capable of raising the river on a flush card aft pfrr. I don't know if he had the flush since I was bluffing
-3 bet turn with one pair aj vs taa pfr
-donked multiway raised flop 882 with 55 into pfr
Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Something weird happened to me at the tables

Lots of TAG players have no idea about seat selection. I often see tight players in bad seats or in games with no big fish or who do as you describe and take the "wrong" seat.

I don't think he sees you as a fish, I just think he doesn't understand the value of sitting beside a weak and loose player. He might even be thinking that he has a great seat because he has position on the good player.

I don't know how to player poker without a good seat, but maybe he does.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 PM

He's got you buddy listed, fish!

(Or he just knows you're [censored] crazy and doesn't want to be out of position on you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 06-25-2006, 04:04 PM

Maybe he wants to 3bet/float/outplay you.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he wants to 3bet/float/outplay you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm concerned with. I know that there are TAGs out there that I do this to sometimes.