Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 02:45 AM

Default I stand fast with WA/WB in the face of relentless turn improvement.

Opponent is sort of tight-passive, but not all the way ball-less (11/6/1.3). Sexy or sucky turn? I was betting the river no matter what the card.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Re: I stand fast with WA/WB in the face of relentless turn improvement.

I have no problem with the play.

Do you call if villian raises the river?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Re: I stand fast with WA/WB in the face of relentless turn improvement

I would've raised the turn. Make him pay to draw to that 4th spade. (if you get reraised it sucks, but you still have your fullhouse outs to fall back on)
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've raised the turn. Make him pay to draw to that 4th spade. (if you get reraised it sucks, but you still have your fullhouse outs to fall back on)

[/ QUOTE ]

if you get reraised on the turn, i doubt it's a flush. a player who only raises 6% of hands pf and is going to make the boat outs really dirty.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:51 AM

bet/folding the turn seems better; i don't think this guy would blow you off a better hand. he is sooooo tight preflop and eeeeeeeeeeeven tighter as a pfr. that scares the crap out of me and i just don't know if we can consistently expect a 1.3AF to fire on such a scary turn with a WORSE hand.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you get reraised on the turn, i doubt it's a flush. a player who only raises 6% of hands pf and is going to make the boat outs really dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly is he going to do that with top trips? You have the same boat outs plus the 9 unless he has QQ; of course then you'd be playing for the split (if he has AK), if that's what you mean by dirty (and it is). I don't think I c/c the turn, either bet out or c/r. If we're saying he only has AA, AK, or QQ, then you are fairly ahead (AA with A of spades), badly behind (AK) or kinda badly behind (QQ). So that leaves you with 6 combos ahead and 7 behind...not sure where I am going with this anymore...I bet out and see what he does, in case he checks behind with the A of spades.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/folding the turn seems better; i don't think this guy would blow you off a better hand. he is sooooo tight preflop and eeeeeeeeeeeven tighter as a pfr. that scares the crap out of me and i just don't know if we can consistently expect a 1.3AF to fire on such a scary turn with a WORSE hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we feel like we have possibly 9 outs on the turn?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, bet/folding is retarded. leave me alone.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, bet/folding is retarded. leave me alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c, btw.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:57 PM

wow.....NO WAY at 2-4 would you ever see me raise in mp3 with k,9(s). online opponents come &amp; go. who would i be trying to fool? at 2-4, opponents generally DO NOT FOLD when they should. this fact coupled with the fact that k,9 is often dominated makes k,9(s) in mp3 as a raise or as a 1st limp UNPROFITABLE....