Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 AM

Default Douche Bag at the PLO8 Tables

Ok whos the douche bag at the PLO8 tables whos talking about poker tracker and telling people their stats? I assume its someone from the forums.

Also whats the deal with people wanting to tap the aquarium. Are they not happy winning money?

Anyone else notice this guy by the way? One other question what do you guys think I should say when he starts talking about stats and crap? Need a good line.

His screen name is in white below,

<font color="white"> twodumb2fold </font>
Old 01-17-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Douche Bag at the PLO8 Tables

he doesn't seem to play 400 or up, so who cares really. Besides, PTO isn't going to make a bad player good by any means; it's discussed in the 2k game from time to time in teh context of dealing with party rakeback, and that hasn't prompted any of the jackers to improve.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:43 AM

I've seen this a lot more often in Omaha games . . . and its a bigger deal in Omaha games too, because the poker market is not saturated with information about Omaha like it is in Hold Em. I also think that Omaha games tend to rely on poor play by opponents than other games, so it's doubly annoying in that respect.

Yeah, I agree with OP. If you post here, and you want to make money, do us all a favor and don't volunteer more than you need to about anything that will improve the games of folks.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 AM

They're way more common at the lower stakes fortunately for the rest of us. I did that when I first started (at those stakes) because I was an idiot but I've seen a few full timers do that in higher stakes which will never make any sense to me because then they just leave with whatever $ they have left. Some people just don't want money I guess.

Some people just don't understand some of them are there TO HAVE FUN NOT TO WIN... Let them have fun.... because eventually you'll win (unless you're me of course and get to run into one heck of an unlucky streak against that player who eventually busts and ends up giving it to the rest of the table...)
Old 01-17-2006, 03:29 AM

Just mess with him. Make up your own meaning for what VPIP stands for or whatever stat he is spouting off. Then start accusing him of being a bot and/or programming a bot for knowing all those numbers. Threaten to report him to Party support for his bad motives. Accuse him of being a member of PartyPoker support. Rip on him for playing so predictably. etc, etc. It's fun, try it!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen this a lot more often in Omaha games . . . and its a bigger deal in Omaha games too, because the poker market is not saturated with information about Omaha like it is in Hold Em. I also think that Omaha games tend to rely on poor play by opponents than other games, so it's doubly annoying in that respect.

Yeah, I agree with OP. If you post here, and you want to make money, do us all a favor and don't volunteer more than you need to about anything that will improve the games of folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have this totally backwards. Most people don't have a clue in the world what types of hands they should or shouldn't be playing in Omaha, or even how to rank different hands, so how in the hell are they going to tighten up and play better against you when you spit their stats right in their face. Almost every holdem player could cut down on some of the less profitable hands (or losing hands) if told they were playing too loose. Also, big bet games (especially PL) are so much about later streets that I can't imagine someone talking about PTO stats could possibly help some of the hopeless fish I have seen on PS.

I don't do this and I usually just ignore the chat, but if someone else is doing it, I wouldn't care at all.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 PM

Default re: Tapping the glass....

I've seen many people talk to and mock the fish. I've seen people say, "don't tap the glass". I've done both.

From what I've observed, nothing you say makes the 'fish' play any differently. Especially, if the 'fish' wins a big hand he shouldn't have been in... you're now going to convince him, after making his big win for the night, that he shouldn't be playing that way. (This is regardless of whether its Omaha or Stud or Texas holdem)

If someone thinks its good to call a raise with 389J... I don't think anything you say is going to change that.

Frankly, I don't think you should tap the aquarium... you should rattle it incessently. Agigate those fish. Put em on tilt.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: re: Tapping the glass....

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I don't think you should tap the aquarium... you should rattle it incessently. Agigate those fish. Put em on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think [censored] talking was bad for the game, but I was wrong. I been [censored] talking like a mother [censored] for the past couple of months now and the fish love it. But they haven't gotten better.

The ugly truth is that you need an IQ &gt; 120 and dashing good looks to be a winner at this game. That rules out everyone except FatBallz and myself. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2006, 02:14 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I used to think [censored] talking was bad for the game, but I was wrong. I been [censored] talking like a mother [censored] for the past couple of months now and the fish love it. But they haven't gotten better.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, now we are not only receiving advice designed to screw up a soft table we are also being advised to do serious damage to our souls.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are also being advised to do serious damage to our souls.

[/ QUOTE ]
However I'm sure taking several hundred off a gambling addict with a wife and children is God's work.