Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Yuck. Medium PP in a large pot on a coordinated board...

UTG+2 is fishy 30/4/0.9.
SB is LAG 30/12/3.

This was a very tough hand for me to play yesterday. Thoughts on the big streets? My thinking was this:
- SB's donk on the turn troubled me. I raised trying to knock out the UTG+2 fish in case he also had a straight redraw or a one-spade flush draw AND to try to get a free showdown from SB.
- On the river, I am trying to prevent an overcall from beating my straight, although I'm expecting SB to show me a flush or bigger straight. I'm folding if he 3-jacks.

Spew city?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Yuck. Medium PP in a large pot on a coordinated board...

Not too sure about the raise on the river. How often will a fish fold a baby flush or better on the river?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:19 AM

Is there a real chance that UTG+2 is folding a flush or straight here? I think calling the river is better - you win the same amount if you're best and fishy calls, and lose less when sb has you beat with a small flush.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 AM

preflop and flop are good. turn I might just call you really don't beat much ( not a 10 not J9 not trip 8s not a flush) altho turn donks like this I often raise this board and the strength of your hand I'd call and hope to hit one of my draws. JJ I might raise but not 99, just becuz its unlikely you can get rid of UTG+2 with even the K so maybe you could get rid of the J or Q theres some value in that if you can get a free showdown also but those plays dont always work and you're probably not ahead now anyways very often so a river brick probably wont do it. Rivers definately wrong GO FOR THE OVERCALL, hes not folding something better ( boat or flush) and bettor will never fold better for one more bet ( you could have him beat though but he did donk into 2 people on a 4 card straight board I certainly would not raise here).
Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 AM

I have to say that I like every street.

Haupt_234
Old 06-18-2006, 12:13 PM

I don't like the river raise. I would go for the overcall with UTG+2, rather than risk being 3-bet by the SB with a better hand. Worst case scenario, they all fold, and you lose a bet you could have extracted.

Everything else looks good though.