Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 PM

Default AKs, 65s, 96s- 3 hands from Party 1/2

Hand #1

Villan is a solid player over 50 hands with vpip around 23 or something. I am putting his range at AQ-KJ. I am wondering if my flop bet was correct. The flop bet to me seems kind of useless because the pot is already huge and it is highly doubtful that he will fold. Was my c-bet on the turn correct or do I just check it? I got lucky on the river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Hand #2

This is more of a general question. When do you play hands like 65s suited if at all? I usually play these hands from late position. How many callers do you need in front in order to call a hand like this? I folded this hand pre-flop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 2 BB

Hand #3

Villan is a loose player with vpip at 40%. Players like him love to play A with low kick and most of them time will call bets all the way to showdown when an A hits on the flop. Should have I just folded this hand preflop, 2-bet it preflop? Should I let the hand go on the flop or checked it instead? What about the c-bet on the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB
Old 06-18-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: AKs, 65s, 96s- 3 hands from Party 1/2

*grunch*

Hand 1
I'm probably checking the turn there (maybe I'm weak), I think you were lucky the 10 saved you if you weren't beaten by the flush already.

Hand 2
I wouldn't bother betting into 2 other people and such a small pot, and no draws.

Hand 3
Wouldn't bet into this one either with bottom pair and no outs. Small pot.

If anyone sees this as weak/tight please let me know because this could be a possible leak in my game
Old 06-18-2006, 09:13 PM

Hand 1
He doesn't have the flush or else he would have bet after the river. He checked it to me, so I am going to assume my straight is good and that is why I bet the river.

Hand 2
I think you skipped over the part where I said I folded the hand preflop.

Hand 3
I think I am agreeing with you on this. I should have check/folded the flop.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:18 PM

Sorry, my bad, didn't read the speel above the hand. I play SCers from SB or from BB. I play from the button for one bet when there are 5 limpers. They play best multiway.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 PM

#1) I would include 77's-99's possibly in villain's hand range. Not betting the flop is awful in my opinion. There are tons of reasons why betting it is good, not least of which is that you may still have the best hand. The turn is trickier. Now the queen may have hit him. Going by your hand range, I would not bet the turn. Take the free card. River bet is good of course.

#2) I need a lot of limpers with a hand like 65 suited. At least 4 sounds good. Good fold.

#3) First of all, folding the hand preflop makes no sense since you are in the big blind. Second, "2betting" or raising preflop is pretty bad. He isn't folding and now you are out of position the rest of the hand with a crap hand. "2betting" sucks. The flop bet is fine. With a 40% vpip, you are ahead of a lot of his holdings. The turn is tougher. That is one puny pot. I may fire again if he is a player who will chase with some absurd holdings as those loose guys often are.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM

Hand 1 is a clear turn check if you think Villain needs a real hand or draw to peel the flop, even more so if he can checkraise.

Hand 2 I'd play if both the limper and blinds are extremely passive postflop. I'd usually play with one more limper and always with two more.

Hand 3 flop bet is fine but unless he's some superdonk that likes to peel the flop with any two I give up on the turn.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:27 PM

hand 1: check turn for a free card, AK high is not a good value betting hand

Hand 2:
i think the pre-flop limp is just fine and the fold is standard on the flop

Hand 3:
check fold the turn