Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Playing with 100+% conitributed rakeback

This is rakeback calculated on what you put into the pot IE if the pot is raked 50c while you are still in the hand and it is HU your contributed rake is 25c whether you win or lose, but if you folded preflop it's worth nothing.

I don't need to go into specifics but I am getting %140 of my contributed rakeback at a site.

For my mind this makes me think that I can be stealing and defending in HU situations alot alot more because I am making a not insignificant ammount from the rakeback which I get regardless of if I win or lose the pot.

Does this make sense?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Playing with 100+% conitributed rakeback

I'd be surprised if the rakeback makes much of a play difference; it's a good question, though. I'd really like to hear good answers to this.

When I play in a rake-free game, I play almost exactly the same as when I play with a rake. This is probably incorrect. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 06-18-2006, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I play in a rake-free game, I play almost exactly the same as when I play with a rake. This is probably incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I suspect it's not incorrect by much. I think if I tried to make decisions that incorporated the rake, I would screw it up and play worse. It probably matters for live low-limit heads-up pots, of which there aren't many.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:40 AM

Yes obviously with higher stakes this make very little difference, but at stakes where the rake is much larger relative to the BB I think it could have a significant impact.