Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Default 6max to 10max - adjustments

Hey, I've been playing 6max since October, and I'm getting back into 3/6 full ring.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with 6max pre-flop strategy (always open-raise, rarely cold-call, etc), but I'm a bit unsure of full ring pre-flop strategy.

Assuming a weak/tight rockish game (avg 2-3 to a flop, weak post-flop play), when is it okay to limp pre-flop? When is it okay to OPEN-limp preflop?

EDIT - FWIW, my stats are 14/10/2.2 (after 5k hands of running extremely hot)
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 6max to 10max - adjustments

Welcome back to full-ring. Enjoy less variance.

Cold calling raises PF is horrible. Even in full ring. I cold-call, on average, less than once every 1000 hands. I only do it with PP's after a raise and two or so callers (unless there are LP's behind me).

I also very rarely open-limp. My stats are 14.5/11/some big number I'm embarassed to say (I'm a LAG at heart). I open-limp in the more LP games, and with hands like PP's, and suited broadways, but I tend to adopt a "If I'm first in, I raise strategy." I tend to isolate LP's and LAG's, but I do my best to not overuse the strategy. If I openlimp, it's with hands like JTs, KTs, QJs, and it's at a nice, juicy table with few LAGs and lots of LPs. I'm not familiar with the game type at WPEX, but I would definitely be more inclined to fold hands like this if the games were tighter. Just my two cents.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I've been playing 6max since October, and I'm getting back into 3/6 full ring.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with 6max pre-flop strategy (always open-raise, rarely cold-call, etc), but I'm a bit unsure of full ring pre-flop strategy.

Assuming a weak/tight rockish game (avg 2-3 to a flop, weak post-flop play), when is it okay to limp pre-flop? When is it okay to OPEN-limp preflop?

EDIT - FWIW, my stats are 14/10/2.2 (after 5k hands of running extremely hot)

[/ QUOTE ]

Im doing this too....same limits....same place....same questions. (FYI, rumor is that WPEX is going to allow 4 tables on next weeks update)

[as hero takes his SSH from the bookshelf and blows a cloud of dust from its worn pages]

...Back to basics....and no more hair pulling/throwing mice.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:18 PM

I usually play both and since I don't have PT (I know I should, I have a Mac though) I don't know my stats in either. If I am playing a weak/tight game, I do very little open limping and when I do, it is from EP with mid pairs or something like QJs to encourage action in the hand. Still open raise frequently and don't cold call unless the conditions are JUST right (see SSHE). Frankly, I try to avoid weak/tight "rockish" games and seek out the fish. My bankroll seems to be steadier in full ring but those 6-max sure get the blood pumping.