Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Ignoring Mods

First, two questions: are users able to receive PMs from other users they have on ignore? Is the inability to put someone on ignore once they have mod status a fixed feature, or can that be changed?

If its possible to change the policy, and users can receive PMs from those on their ignore list, then I really think we should be able to ignore mods. First, there are a billion of them now, and not every one is a shining example of intelligence, judgement, or even articulate on a basic level. Its not the same environment wrt mods as when it was basically just Mat. Second, I can think of no important communication by a mod that could not be done over PM. The closest thing I can think of would be something like the stickies at the top of forums or in-line comments such as "X behavior will no longer be tolerated." But even in those instances it should be pretty apparent that its a sort of buyer beware scenario: if you choose to ignore a mod and subsequently break rules they've clearly laid out, you deserve a ban.

There are now so many forums that I - and, I suspect, most users - only visit a fraction of them. It makes me angry when I go to ignore some idiotic, incomprehensible poster only to realize I can't because they've been made the mod of some random forum.

Finally, if this change can't be accomplished, I'd like to ask a favor of the admins: give me a set time in advance and un-mod GambleGamble at that time, so I can put him on ignore. Whether you reinstate him or not is up to you, of course.