Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Bible Verses

Recently noticed new t-shirts at the boxing club with "Ephesians 6" on the back. The owners of the club are seriously into religion. I am not but I have read a lot of the bible. I wasn't at all familiar with Ephesians so I looked it up tonight. Found this great verse:

Ephesians 6:12: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Anyone else have a verse they would like to share?

p.s. I am NOT that guy who was on here about a year ago starting all kinds of bible thumping threads. I am alias free.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Bible Verses

<font color="white"> The countdown for the Pulp Fiction quote begins now.... </font>
Old 06-01-2006, 09:39 PM

LOL, I took a New Testament Survey course out of boredom in college and on the day of the final, students started writing "inspiration verses" on the board.

Me being the smart ass that I am wrote this...

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> The countdown for the Pulp Fiction quote begins now.... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">Also, the countdown for the first person to point out that the verse is not accurate begins now.</font>
Old 06-01-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The countdown for the Pulp Fiction quote begins now....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the countdown for the first person to point out that the verse is not accurate begins now.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">the countown to people counting down to people posting about the pulp fiction quote begins. oh wait. </font>
Old 06-01-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently noticed new t-shirts at the boxing club with "Ephesians 6" on the back. The owners of the club are seriously into religion. I am not but I have read a lot of the bible. I wasn't at all familiar with Ephesians so I looked it up tonight. Found this great verse:

Ephesians 6:12: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Anyone else have a verse they would like to share?

p.s. I am NOT that guy who was on here about a year ago starting all kinds of bible thumping threads. I am alias free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I think this gets the nod for "Thread I'd Never Think I'd See in OOT." Good verse, though, one I wasn't familiar with.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:15 PM

Elroy: In what way is the quote not accurate? I just double checked and it is typo free. Perhaps we have different translations. I'm using a New American Standard 1980 version that I probably ripped off from some hotel room as it is a Placed by the Gideons copy.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elroy: In what way is the quote not accurate? I just double checked and it is typo free. Perhaps we have different translations. I'm using a New American Standard 1980 version that I probably ripped off from some hotel room as it is a Placed by the Gideons copy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it'd be gone over in detail on imdb, but it wasn't. Here's a link that might interest you... http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/nitpick.cgi?np=3407
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 PM

Ok. My quote had nothing to do with Pulp Fiction. Looks like we're Lost in Translation.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. My quote had nothing to do with Pulp Fiction. Looks like we're Lost in Translation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, my bad. i was responding to Barron's post... I do think that your verse is very awesome though.