Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Good aggression with big draw?

Yes, no, maybe so?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (9.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (8.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___
Old 06-01-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Good aggression with big draw?

I like the agression you have going there. With their boards, I don't see anything to be afriad of. If you hit your high and low you'll win a big pot here. You have a great high draw working and a decent low draw as well.

-HoldemPokerPlyr
Old 06-02-2006, 12:04 AM

Looks good to me. Unlike the gutshot+low draw in that other thread I would assume that the flush draw gives you at least like 40% equity in this threeway pot not to mention that any 7 you make is going to be better than your opponent's 7.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 AM

I would just call on 4th against two other low boards and some guy with a 9J taking on the entire field. The whole raising with a flush draw thing is becoming incredilby transparent and I am finding folds where I didnt before...even in the retarded PP games. I am not saying these people will know what was going on but to me you are turning your hand face up. Another advantage to just calling is also once you hit your ahnd you can get in a raise on a bigger street when they wont slow down because they probably figure you were just catching bricks.

I would put in a lot of bets on 5th street however once you catch the duece because your have an EV advantage over the field.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 AM

I don't think the raise on 4th makes my hand transparent at all. I could easily have a big pair in the hole, possibly rolled up or a set of queens, and I'm trying to force out the 76 behind me.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:02 AM

All day long brother
Old 06-02-2006, 02:11 AM

i love it all, especially when when your hearts are still so live on 5th. i would cap it here if i could.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 AM

The problem I see is that no one ever goes for the check-raise with a big pair, rolled, or three Qs on 4th against two low boards and some waahoo in there with 9J board.

Also, knocking out the 76 behind you is kinda silly because if he has a four low then he never folds...ever. I mean do you even really want to knock him out? The hearts are the REAL value to your hand so why wouldnt you just want to get in less bets when you have the actual draw, and then more bets on the bigger streets once you hit the draw and everyone is still in the hand?

I am not saying I do not like your play, but I just dont see myself making that play. I mean, you hand is very live, but if I was going to play it hard I would just lead.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:18 AM

Is is a good thing or a bad thing if Seat 7 folds on 5th? Or do we even care? Obviously he is more likely to fold if I 3-bet rather than just call.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:25 AM

I like it too, but I wonder how often you can bet/3-bet 4th. Even though that bet would be pretty strong, it seems that at least one of your opponents would want to raise [most likely the (xx)25 or (xx)9J], whereas if you bet I would suspect the (xx)25 to become the bettor more often than not. You might even be able to check-raise a card like that 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on 5th if someone makes a vulnerable low, since you look like hearts or a buried pair by bet/3-betting 4th.