FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Live 2/5 NL Hand

Relative Stack sizes:
Villain= $147
BB= $1800
Hero= $850
Button= $350

Small blind is a decent player. Doesn't play a ton of hands and usually doesn't get out of line. Big Bling is typical LAG player that has been hit with the deck the last 3 hours. Button is a passive calling station. Hero limps under the gun with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded to button who limps, Small blind raises to $15, BB calls as do hero and button. ($60)Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]SB checks, BB bets $20, hero calls, button and SB both call. Turn($140) is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB checks, BB bets $35, hero and button call, SB moves in for a total of $147. BB folds, hero??? I have to call $112 to win $392. Getting about 3.5-1 on my money. SB is decent, I have him at worst on AQ with QQ or 10 10 most likely. If he has a set I figure Ive got 10 outs or I'm about a 32-10 dog. Is this close enough in a cash game? Comments on all streets including my thought process appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5 NL Hand

Get it in there, and be surprised how often he has AQ/KQ/QJ. He could also just as easily have Td9d, JdTd, or some such nonsense.

This is a classic example, imho, of "If he had more money I'd fold, but for that much, he's going to have to show me the winner."

Also I think it's about 5% he has utterly nothing.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:44 PM

raise preflop

or limp-reraise preflop.

but don't do what you did
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 PM

Limping with AK here every once in awhile is not bad because it adds some deception to your hand, but you definetely want to raise here most of the time. In this case, in which you limped, you should've put in a sizable re-raise ($45-60), whatever you think will isolate you with the SB. Playing this hand heads-up in position is something you want to do. As it played out, if your math is correct it's a pretty close call. Your slightly taking the worst of it seem like, and the button might be on a flush draw or OESD which decreases your # of outs. I'd fold, unless I i was in the mood to gamble.

andy
Old 05-28-2006, 02:08 PM

Limp/call AKs UTG is terrible. If you are limping ever UTG, you better limp/reraise.

Anyways, call and lose so everybody can label you as a donk. Your image is priceless after this, take advantage of it.