Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 05:08 AM

Default UK--where to get monitor, AND a UB question

Experts,

the title clues in to the purpose of the post

a) I live in the UK, and due to an accident with my wireless mouse and my monitor, I need a new one. I have searched google and cannot find anywhere that has cheap stuff, with the exception of E-bay.. is that all we got? can I get a friend of mine in america to buy me one and ship it, or will I get raped by import tax (can i craftily bypass this on the sly?)

b) on UB, when i try to click the buttons on the left hand side of the software, nothing happens.. i have to use the drop down menu to get to my cashier etc.

UB i think is web based somehow, and I suspect it has something to do with my internet settings, but as a self confessed net-tard, I dont know if this is possible or not. I tried re-installing, and no dice

I did try searching for both these things before posting, and came up blank, so apologies if this thread is a repeat from yester months

best wishes

Ekky
Old 06-05-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Re: UK--where to get monitor, AND a UB question

overclockers.co.uk

Dunno about the UB thing
Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 AM

dell.com/uk used to have an offer on the 2001fp but it might be more expensive now. Now is a gd time to buy stuff from the states with the weak dollar.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dell.com/uk used to have an offer on the 2001fp but it might be more expensive now. Now is a gd time to buy stuff from the states with the weak dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly this offer is gone now. I picked up a 2001fp for £305 inc postage and VAT a few weeks ago.....looks like I won't be getting a friend for it after all.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:00 AM

looks like OP needs to seek the psychology forum first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

as for the new monitor issue, i've always wondered the same thing, the monitors just seem much more ridiculously expensive here in the uk
Old 06-05-2006, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like OP needs to seek the psychology forum first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

as for the new monitor issue, i've always wondered the same thing, the monitors just seem much more ridiculously expensive here in the uk

[/ QUOTE ]

hah.. I have been using a mouse on a wire for ages, and whenever that got launched with the force of a thousand flush draws, it would swing nicely away from the monitor... then i went wireless and it flew rite into the middle. The resulting mess is quite pretty, but not so good for poker!!

I have often wondered as well about the US prices, they are disgusting... its like 50% off! lameness
Old 06-05-2006, 11:10 AM

is there no possibility of a bulkbuy from the US?
i'd be quite happy if it was possible.
like get 20 people (probably impossible to find that many people) who live in the UK that wants to get a monitor (hopefully i'm assuming u guys mean 20" monitors, not bigger), and then we'll order collectively from the US,
reducing postage fee and (i hope) whatever tax applies on it.
anyone know how :S?