Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Trip Report : Awesome Party

Here in Canada we have a three day weekend called the 'may 24'; it's a celebration of some dead queens birthday but mostly an excuse to drink alot.

On friday I meet up with a few friends and we go to the liquer store, picking up a fourty ounce bottle of whiskey. We go back to friend B's place and begin drinking rye and ginger and rye and cokes. We mostly just shoot the [censored] and catch up with eachother, watching south park and the simpsons. Then we throw on some C.C.R., they smoke a little weed, we go out for a few smokes throughout the night and head to the bar. My memory is hazy at this point, so I'm not sure if we cabbed it or walked, but I suspect we took a cab.

We get to the bar, play a few games of pool, order a few drinks and I go out for a smoke. While I'm out there smoking I see these jackasses walking down the street shooting off roman candles. One hits a friend of mine that is walking by (friend C) and he is getting pissed off when *boom* the cops pull up and pull the attackers into the cruiser. Good timing. So there's a bunch of people running around, talking, it's chaos, and in my drunken state I somehow manage to get one of the attackers to give my friend $20 to help pay for his jacket. I played the race card.

So we go back to the bar, get drunker, some weird old dude starts talking to us and plays pool with us, then he hands my friend some weed. I think he wanted us to go back to his place but that's obviously never happening. Eventually we stumble out of the bar, go to the park, call a cab, and my friend and I go back to his place. Friend D joins us, and he watches me play drunken online poker for a bit, we smoke some more, then he walks home and I go to bed.

I wake up hungover and really thirsty. Run for some water. Go back to sleep.

I wake up again and the guy who's place I stayed at tells me I have fifteen minutes to get ready, so I drink some more water, wash my face, and grab my stuff. We head down stairs and the guy who's throwing the party is there with his cube van. We get in the back and head off. He drives around the city and picks up about a dozen people for the party, all crammed in the back. Then we hit a park, four of us get out of the back of the cube van, load up (read steal) two picnic tables, and we take off, now with comfortable seating arrangements.

We hit a liquer store and grocery store, I pick up some food and booze for the weekend, as do others. The rest of the ride is pretty uneventful and we arrive.

We unload the van and get settled in. It's still early afternoon at this point, on Saturday. The early afternoon is spent sitting around, with mild amounts of drinking and a little barbequing. Mostly we just chat. A couple people try to get a soccer game going but it doesn't happen.

Towards the mid afternoon, I start drinking a little more seriously and more people arrive. The beer starts flowing smoothly and the party really picks up. We start a fire and there's alot of talking and yelling and the like. There was alot of banter. Dan arrives, which is a pretty big deal, because he came in from out of the country for the party, so we all gather around and welcome him in. Then Kate and I decide to rally the troops for a soccer game. We start a 'soccer movement' as we called it, and start hollaring and yelling. I used a little motivational speech on some of the women and we got a few people to the front yard for the field. While it looked like it might fail for a while we eventually got around sixteen players and a decent game.

General Update : At this point my shoes are long gone, and I am pretty drunk. I am running around in really dirty socks but have yet to slap any asses. The general feel of the crowd is mild to medium intoxication. The fire is mediocre.

So the soccer game is great, except my team loses 5-0. I was the goalie, and was scored on constantly. I made one incredible save with the bottle of wine I was drinking from as we played, which brought cheers from the crowd. I also told the girl who was playing defense for me she was 'pretty'.

On the fifth goal I yelled 'i give up' and stumbled over to bum a smoke off someone. Then I lay on the ground for ten minutes talking to people. Eventually the party moved back to the back yard, and I joined them. I was very trashed, and still missing my shoes.

It was starting to get dark, and we got the fire going in a serious manner. There were now atleast fifty people. It was 95% white, with the exception on one black guy (called darkness), one black girl and two asians. Some started firing off some roman candles, and one hit the fire and ricocheted into the black guy. We all had a good laugh at the racist fireworks. I got progressively drunker as the night went on, and finished my first bottle (40 ounces of 20% sherry) and moved on to the second.

Most of the rest of the night is blurry. I found my shoes, cooked three steaks, tossed alot of sherry on the steaks on the barbeque, met some girl from a town of 1000 people I used to live in, and harassed alot of people. It was great fun. I crashed on a couch for a while, but then someone placed my buddy chris on me so I got up and talked with some people at 6am, then fell asleep again on the rug.

Oh yeah, there was a band. I didn't listen to them.

I woke up. Thirsty. Got water. Shook drunken cobwebs from my eyes. Fell back asleep.

The next day people awoke gradually, getting out of their tents and couches and beds. We cleaned up all the random bottles and garbage on the floor in record time. Alot of people went home, but there were about twenty to twenty five people that stayed.

We didn't play any soccer the second day, but I smoked some weed in the morning to eliminate my hangover. We barbeequed a bunch, and sat around talking. I again lost my shoes, and had abandoned my socks at this point. There were very few girls this day. We spent the morning and afternoon watching a few movies, talking, smoking and drinking a little.

In the late afternoon to evening we started up the fire and the second band arrived. They were ok. A few years back I was partying with them and I named their band 'five pence short of freedom' and they played with that name for six months, which was cool. Eventually the cops came and told them they couldn't play. I asked the cops if online gambling was illegal, and they said no it's cool.

Later on we burnt a broken picnic table in the fire, shot off more fireworks, I got drunk again, harassed more people and ate alot of hotdogs. At one point I was really drunk and lieing on the ground, and these two girls came by. I asked them to pour drinks in my mouth, and they did. Then I got up and puked. I washed my face off, stole someones potato salad and went into the house.

A highlight of the night was when these guys were sitting in the house watching star wars. We laughed at them and I went in to check it out. My friend Andrew comes over and starts laying into them, goes off for a good couple minutes on how they suck. Then my friend Dylan, who was watching, got up and attacked Andrew, yelling about defending the honor of Star Wars.

Later, Dylan got really drunk and was ramapaging around. I remember holding a beer bottle to fight him off if I needed to.

The next day we didn't realy clean up. We lay around recovering for a while, I drank lots of water, went to the store and bought smokes, gave a pack to the host, then he drove us back in his cube van and on the return trip we spent the entire time telling jokes.

It was a pretty good weekend.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Trip Report : Awesome Party

'round here we call that "the weekend".
Old 05-24-2006, 09:55 PM

Sounds like a good time, but I have 1 question. You "played the race card"? Telling someone you're Polish actually gets you somewhere? I gotta start trying that...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:58 PM

Oddly enough, I actually am half polish, although I'm not sure how you knew that, but my friend in question is black.

edited : I'm an idiot, guess it's not hard to tell I'm polish.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 PM

"Karpinski"

And the black friend makes it make more sense...
Old 05-24-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the goalie, and was scored on constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you do any yak?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 PM

You left out the part where you snuck off to make like 200 posts on 2+2.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You left out the part where you snuck off to make like 200 posts on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 PM

Does the black guy at the fire usually go by the name "Darkness" or was that just for the weekend?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 PM

You left out the "awesome" part