Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 04:41 PM

Default I Hate these spots - which is more EV?

40/80

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. Table is loose and chasing a lot.

3 limpers, I check.

Flop is : 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call, 2 others call.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB Bets.

Plan here? If I raise I'm forcing 3 people to call two bets cold. Calling here encourages more calls behind, but allow anyone with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to chase me cheaply (and correctly).

Which is the more EV play, the call or the raise?

Thanks,

-Scott
Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: I Hate these spots - which is more EV?

Eazy raise! You lose some hands you want to call, but two bets on the turn is better than one bet from three players + they cna outdraw sometimes and then you lose! RAISE!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 PM

easy raise
Old 05-18-2006, 07:59 PM

the A will call no matter what, so the only hand you are really worried about calling that you sort of wish would fold is the Q if it is out there. almost every other hand your opponents could have is drawing dead, and you said the table on the whole is loose and chasing a lot.

that means they will probably chase you with hands that are drawing dead and overcall on the river with hands that are beat. so just call the turn and call the river.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the A will call no matter what, so the only hand you are really worried about calling that you sort of wish would fold is the Q if it is out there. almost every other hand your opponents could have is drawing dead, and you said the table on the whole is loose and chasing a lot.

that means they will probably chase you with hands that are drawing dead and overcall on the river with hands that are beat. so just call the turn and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

no joke posts please, this is not OOT
Old 05-19-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i concur
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain
Old 05-19-2006, 09:26 AM

He's reffering to rory's post, although sadly enough I think he was being serious.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe i misunderstood rory but it sounded like he was saying, they'll call anyway, so why raise. making them pay 2 bets is of course better than making them pay 1. sometimes guys like to just peel on the flop with no chance, but then give up on the turn. plus, can they put you on a flush? wouldn't a flush draw raise the flop usually? anyway he then goes on to say if you do just call the turn you should flat call the river as well. i guess i don't like that one bit either.

there's a time for going for overcalls, i just don't think this is it.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:49 PM

Hi Sobe,

Given your read on the players at this table, I would probably call the turn, hoping that the other 2 players call behind. It almost seems possible that the SB is holding the A of spades.

I guess it depends if the other two players are calling 1 or 2 bets when they are chasing....

I call the turn, and then raise any non spade river.

Sleeper