Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2006, 12:27 PM

Default AA against PSB and raise on flop?

.10/.20 home game, 6 handed. I'm in late position with $25, SB has $15 and BB has me covered. Folded to me, I make my standard preflop raise to .80 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Only the blinds call. $2.40 pot, flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB leads out for $2. SB is a LAG, will play almost any two preflop but generally makes up for it with postflop play. Will play draws aggressively, is having a bad night and might have problems letting go of a good draw here. BB is a tight, solid, straightforward player who I've never seen reraise on a stone cold bluff. He does minraise too much and he minraises here to $4. Body language of SB is that he will definitely call, possibly raise. What do you do here?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: AA against PSB and raise on flop?

I'm letting AA go here much of the time.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 PM

What is BB's calling range? Would he min-raise with KK? If you are certain that you ahead of BB then I can see a push here. Assuming both call you are a huge favorite to win a $20 side pot and might even be a current favorite to take the $45 main pot.

You play with these guys, so go with your read. Folding is not a bad option if BB is so tight hat he would not do this with anything less then a set, but that's not the read I get from your OP.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:25 PM

I think BB would call from the big blind here with any PP AK-AJ or so, KQ, and decent suited connectors and possibly one gapped suited connectors down to J9.

SB would add most aces, maybe down to K9 and any suited connector or one gapper. Probably unsuited connectors too.

I think BB would reraise KK preflop. I think he could have Q10 for a two pair, or a combo draw, or AQ/KQ, or 10s or 8s. I would like this hand a lot more if it weren't for SB. The hand range of SB concerns me here, as he could have any two pair, J9, 10s, 8s, or any draw or draw/pair combo.