Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 PM

Default River Play with small flush, paired board, deep stacks

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($28.93)
Hero ($77.44)
Button ($51.04)
SB ($30.87)
BB ($22.27)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($5) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5.

River: ($15) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $35
Old 05-13-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: River Play with small flush, paired board, deep stacks

limp call = puke
turn call = puke
lead river
Old 05-13-2006, 12:45 AM

fold preflop twice

fold turn

I would prob bet 3/4 pot on river and fold to raise
Old 05-13-2006, 12:52 AM

Yes, fold preflop, fold turn. You're in middle position, and limping with gapped sooted connectors that is THAT low is bad, it's even WORSE to call a PFR! The turn, I guess you call hoping for a flush? well now that you have it, you're gonna have to bet/call. Usually I wouldn't play such low flush cards.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 AM

If you play Nl25 what the hell are you doing taking a shot at NL100 (in reference to a post earlier today)? You seem to be kind of all over the place, calling down with 44, playing suited gappers for 6xBB out of position. I think you need to maybe settle down and work on the basics at Nl25 because from the posts i've read you seem to be trying to do too much. Best of Luck.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but in all seriousness, if you're going to call that raise after you limp, you might as well raise it yourself. most 2p2ers will tell you to just fold this, and that works too, but limp-calling is ugly.

i don't mind the turn play because of implied odds, and the river looks fine to me too given stack sizes; you can't afford him pushing over the top a raise by you on the river with such big stacks.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play Nl25 what the hell are you doing taking a shot at NL100 (in reference to a post earlier today)? You seem to be kind of all over the place, calling down with 44, playing suited gappers for 6xBB out of position. I think you need to maybe settle down and work on the basics at Nl25 because from the posts i've read you seem to be trying to do too much. Best of Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search and look for my posts on 15/30 and 20/40 fixed limit short handed if you wanna get REALLY freaked out!