Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Any of you mods supporting the Entertainment Forum I\'m doing this week

I urge you to please post an OT link on your forum.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...ard=Playground

It will help a lot to make people aware of it, whilst it's not on the left-hand nav bar.

I have to go to work now, so I'd be very grateful to each and every one of you that did that.

thanks
db
Old 05-05-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Any of you mods supporting the Entertainment Forum I\'m doing this week

... and show your support for the creation of a permanent A&E by voting in the Mod Poll

Off to a nice start without any publicity already DB.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Any of you mods supporting the Entertainment Forum I\'m doing this

Kudos db. You are doing a hell of a job with that.
~Justin
Old 05-05-2006, 09:03 PM

Thanks man.

It's really difficult, cos there's no left-hand menu link. Also I've heard from some users who posted there that they were put off initially from posting cos they thought it was visible to users, but only mods could post there (as it was the 'mods playground') [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Mike Haven however has kindly put a sticky at the top of the Zoo, which is helping some.

I've got some cool entertainment posters of repute ready (I hope) to do some stuff this weekend though, so that should be cool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 12:25 AM

Great job and good luck with the new forum Diebitter! Thanks to Mike Haven for adding the sticky to the Zoo. Mike is a great mod to work with and has in my opinion always done what is right for 2+2!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 02:08 AM

Just want to point out, that this post by Elaine, does an excellent job of explaining why the A&E forum should be made permanent!
Old 05-06-2006, 02:46 AM

Would any of you other strat mods mind if I post a link in your forums, which you could stick for a few days, until it's on the menu?

I am interested in getting some strat posters who don't even use OOT in there, so the menu not showing ENT gives me an excuse to post OT (I think). Post here or PM me about it please.

My most gracious thanks
db
Old 05-06-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would any of you other strat mods mind if I post a link in your forums, which you could stick for a few days, until it's on the menu?

I am interested in getting some strat posters who don't even use OOT in there, so the menu not showing ENT gives me an excuse to post OT (I think). Post here or PM me about it please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will leave this up to the mods of the individual forums, but I gotta say this just once...

I don't use the green bar. Never have, and I probably won't start anytime soon. I like to use the main page to browse, as it shows me the most recent thread/reply in each forum. Maybe it has something to do with my display settings, but I've never viewed the sidebar as a better way to browse 2+2. Having said that, I know there are more than a few people who only use the sidebar. Sure, they may seem like weirdos to me, but I am aware of their existence. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use the green bar. Never have, and I probably won't start anytime soon. I like to use the main page to browse, as it shows me the most recent thread/reply in each forum. Maybe it has something to do with my display settings, but I've never viewed the sidebar as a better way to browse 2+2. Having said that, I know there are more than a few people who only use the sidebar. Sure, they may seem like weirdos to me, but I am aware of their existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know I'm not the only one... that green bar should really go away and be replaced for those who need it, with a much cooler top bar menu (or maybe we should just find a way to educate people how to use the software) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2006, 04:41 AM

It has to be said that:

[ QUOTE ]

Moderator's Playground (3 viewing)
This is a dynamic forum with topics that will change at the whim of whichever moderator has control during their chosen week

[/ QUOTE ]

Is way less enticing to casual browsers than something like:

[ QUOTE ]
Entertainment Forum (XX Viewing)
Movies, TV shows, Art, Music, Books, Radio, Stage, and whatever entertains you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]