Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM

Default KK Turn Decision

3/6 Full Table Eurobet. Sorry for the manual input, I am at work, but this hand has not gotten out of my head all day. No great read on MP1 (if I had a read, this wouldn't be an issue), typical Pokerroom drone.

Hero has red KK in the CO

Preflop

3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, one fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop (10 SB) 8d 6d 5h

<font color="red">MP1 bets </font>, MP2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls

Turn (9BB) As

<font color="red">MP1 bets </font>, Hero??

Very drawy board, large pot, what does this donk bet typically mean? Two pair? Continued draw? Lower PP? Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: KK Turn Decision

tough spot without reads.

sometimes, when bad players flop a big hand, they don't reraise, but just call and bet again next street. He could be betting a lot of different things here. In any case, I am not folding this just yet. HU I'd just call him down. With player behind me I cannot decide what's better, just call or raise.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 PM

I agree HU this is an easy call down, which I was hoping for with the flop raise. But what are the blinds calling 2 on the flop with then checking an A? One probably has a flush draw, but the other? What are the chances of the 3 opponents, one doesn't have an A? I really hate this hand.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 PM

I'm calling down without a read, there is a chance he might be trying to make a move heads up.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:11 PM

It's not HU. Both blinds still around.

Ooops. Just realized I forgot the include their checks both after the flop and turn. Sorry.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:14 PM

I'd have to call down. Raising would be spewing and folding would be too weak. I think we have the best hand here too often. Looks like he might have a 7 or two pair in which case you have a number of outs if you are indeed behind.

As far as what the donking means....I'm not so sure. I think that there are a lot of players out there that don't know how to check-raise. Or if they do know what it is, they don't know when to check-raise. So instead they donk figuring they are getting money in the pot with their middle pair hoping you have overcards. It's difficult to deal with because it forces you to often call down with the best hand. I almost always look through the hand histories to find out what these donkbet artists are donking with. Often they just donk because they see that they made a pair on the board (doesn't matter which pair) and they bet it. Simple as that. When you raise, they don't pay much attention, becuase they will donk the turn, even when an Ace comes.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:06 PM

I call and see what happens on the river. I like a call on the river if MP1 does the betting again (as long as no diamonds fall) but I don't like a call (certainly not an overcall) if the bet comes from anywhere else. And if we call a bet from MP1 and one of the blinds C/R the river, I'm out.

No way you are forcing out a flush or OESD, and very unlikely that you'll ever get a weak ace to fold with a raise so I think raising here would be spewing.