Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Default QQ w/ LAGs

Reads, UTG is LPP, CO and Button are quite aggro post flop. All 3 are probably too loose preflop.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Standard

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Do you cap here? Rainbow flop with potential straight draw. CO or Button must have a T.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13.25BB, 4 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

With still overpair and OESD, I lead it. C/R by UTG is scary he prob hit a straight? or JT? I call w/ OESD

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (21.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???

Do you make a call here due to size of pot?
Results:
Final pot: 25.25BB
Old 05-01-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Re: QQ w/ LAGs

If you had checked and called the turn, you could call a river bet (on a safe river) with the bet you saved on the turn (assuming no one else raised).

I don't think you are ahead of UTG even 5% of the time here, and there are players left to act behind you. I check/fold river after UTG wakes up with a c/r on the turn. I would raise/call an 8,Q,K river.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:36 PM

i haven't looked at the results so here goes.

PF - obvious
Flop - i dont see the benefit of capping here other than it MIGHT get CO to fold, but you still have 2 others in the pot with you and they're not going anywhere. possible hands now that you're up against are 44, 99, TT, JJ, JT, AT, KT, T9 and maybe 78
Turn - I wouldn't lead this turn. anyone is gonna call now so it does nothing. i'd go for a c/r.
River - the pot is too big - call and pray but you lost to a set of 44s or JT IMO

now i'll look at the results and see how way off base I am [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tuff hand
Old 05-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Just how LPP is UTG? Him calling 3 cold makes me a little nervous unless he's a superfish. Could you see him calling 3 cold on the flop with AT or something?

I'd generally play the hand the same way, and call the river.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you make a call here due to size of pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Always
Old 05-01-2006, 04:45 PM

Do we really try to check/call the turn here? With that many ppl hanging around there isn't much of a cheap showdown route...
Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 PM

Well he could be slowplaying a set but I doubt it with most of us in for 3 bets already on the flop.

I put him on AT, KT, maybe JT, T9, 87, QJ at that point.

[ QUOTE ]
Just how LPP is UTG? Him calling 3 cold makes me a little nervous unless he's a superfish. Could you see him calling 3 cold on the flop with AT or something?

I'd generally play the hand the same way, and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-01-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we really try to check/call the turn here? With that many ppl hanging around there isn't much of a cheap showdown route...

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, that is results oriented thinking at its finest
Old 05-01-2006, 05:13 PM

I'd probably fold the river with those two players still to act... I'm having a hard time thinking one of them doesn't have 2pr+ here.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Results

Yes I was very tempted to fold the river, but alas I called... (with the plan to fold to a raise behind me).

River Action

UTG bets, I call, both call behind me.

UTG shows 87s, button shows KJo, CO shows KTo...

MHING (as expected)...

I've been on a big downswing and wonder if calling the river was a big enough leak to hurt my results...

(although I think its close getting 20+:1? or am I not good ever here?)

Thanks guys