Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Great table

I'm down a big bet the orbits they've been here, but that should change. Anyways, UTG is 80.1/7.2/1.41 over 180 hands, CO is 75/5.6/.74 over 130 hands and has been seen limping 63o, Button is 75.8/3/.88. Oh, and my seat selection is impeccable. BB is 17.6/5.4/3.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Given the chance to fold the BB and the equity edge I have here, this is an easy raise right? Anyone just complete?

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

I've got Ace high, fifth nut diamond draw, figure it might be good... just check/call one bet here?

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Hmmm... I'll take a non-diamond Ace on the river please.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

CO probably has a better diamond, should I bet/fold? Bet/call? I check... expected to call but I guess not.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Ah (flush, king high).
UTG has Ks 5d (flush, king high).
CO has 4s 7c (two pair, sevens and fours).
Button has 7h 4h (two pair, sevens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>
Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Great table

With three limpers, I usually just complete ATo. With a betttor and a caller on the turn, I'm not sure I can call drawing to what will likely not be good enough.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Don't post results. If you're betting this flop you need to bet the river. The players at your table are somewhat aggressive for the number of hands they play ... no one raised you on the flop and CO could be betting anything on the turn including the a poorly played baby flush, a set, one pair or a straight. Bet the river and call one bet if raised.

By the way, I just call preflop and raise with AJo.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:45 PM

I complete preflop and bet the river.

You're giving CO too much credit with his VP$IP of 75.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM

I'd raise PF but check/call the flop and fold the Turn. I also would not count the 10d as an out.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise PF but check/call the flop and fold the Turn. I also would not count the 10d as an out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're raising ATo for value out of position, you have no business checking a ragged flop. This flop bet is a must if you insist on pushing your equity PF. The diamond draw is probably worth 3-6 outs, depending on how much you discount for a jack, queen, king or ace out there. The lack of someone raising you on this flop tends to make me value the diamond at 5 to 6 outs.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:39 PM

I would complete here pf, you have 3 limpers that are not going anywhere for a raise. You will be OOP for the duration. The bb will probably call just because the pot is going to be big.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:47 PM

I think a fold on the turn would be best, I think it is a stretch to think that your flush draw will be good with all these players calling your bet on the flop. Also it is unlikely that you have 3 full A outs.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:16 AM

I like the preflop raise against these loooooose players. I'd probably check the flop though, since you have zero fold equity. As for the river, I guess a bet, with a fold to a raise, would be the best play.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He holds 10d