Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 AM

Default 25NL - 6 max - 77 turn play?

No reads on villain but he bought in short so probably not good, I'm playing 22/17/3. Whats best play here, bet/call or fold or check/fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $19.60
BB: $24.75
UTG: $26.90
Hero (MP): $46.75
CO: $16.75
BTN: $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: 25NL - 6 max - 77 turn play?

I dont think he is ever folding to a bet on this turn. Maybe with some garbage pp or some 5s.

I would c/f this turn and check again on river. Calling some bets on the river...depends on bet size and if the flush hits.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 AM

I would fire the turn. You are pretty loose and i can see a lot of hands floating you, ie overcards and any diamond with the intention to take it down on the turn after you check. My line would be to bet 3.5-4 and fold to any reraise. I would probably just give it up on the river.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:53 AM

I'm with Agent57. Fire turn with about ~2/3 pot, give up on river. My (limited) experience at 25nl is that draws call in these situations while hands with something to lose (TPTK, 2p, sets etc.) overbet (ie. reraise raise flop) in fear of the draw.

Turn bet may well fold Qx / draws. I can't see you beating much that calls here.

... May be trivial (and possibly a bit weak) but I'm inclined to bet slightly more on flop (1.60-1.70) to represent TPTK. That way draws pay more and turn bet is likely to fold KQ etc.

Criticism welcome.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 AM

You cannot bet this turn and then c/f the river if it bricks.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 AM

Why can you not fold the river? we have no idea what he has and most of what he will have has us dead once he has called the turn. i see no point calling a 3/4-full pot sized bet on the river. If he has bluffed us out then fair play to him,everything else with showdown value should be checking the river anyway.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can you not fold the river? we have no idea what he has and most of what he will have has us dead once he has called the turn. i see no point calling a 3/4-full pot sized bet on the river. If he has bluffed us out then fair play to him,everything else with showdown value should be checking the river anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you bet the turn. Ad calls. River bricks. You check. He thinks "well the only way we can win is by bluffing" and he bets and we fold the best hand.

We have a crap hand OOP. Lets keep the pot small and try and get to showdown cheap. We c/f turn, and then possibly c/c river. Pot stays small, we will catch some bluffs and maximize our EV overall.

Betting the turn diminishes the value of our hand and puts us in a situation to lose big pot, or win a smaller one.

c/fing the turn puts us in a situation to lose a small pot, or win a small pot.

In position, I bet this turn almost everytime. It gets value from the draws and a cheap showdown from the hands that beat us. this hand is way different OOP.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 AM

I'm feeling that...

Cheers whyzze.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you bet the turn. Ad calls. River bricks. You check. He thinks "well the only way we can win is by bluffing" and he bets and we fold the best hand.

We have a crap hand OOP. Lets keep the pot small and try and get to showdown cheap. We c/f turn, and then possibly c/c river. Pot stays small, we will catch some bluffs and maximize our EV overall.

Betting the turn diminishes the value of our hand and puts us in a situation to lose big pot, or win a smaller one.

c/fing the turn puts us in a situation to lose a small pot, or win a small pot.

In position, I bet this turn almost everytime. It gets value from the draws and a cheap showdown from the hands that beat us. this hand is way different OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second that
Old 09-25-2007, 02:48 PM

I think you should check/fold the turn depending on the bet and the odds he gives you. The problem is you could be drawing dead with the flush so you only have to gut shot straight and even the 6d could be dead. I think this is a out of position = out of action situation.