Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Can’t get check cash from poker site.

I cashed out some money from several sites via check for the first time. Boy do I miss Neteller.

My credit union deposited all of them into my account except one. They told me that it was on a foreign account and that they did not accept foreign checks.

So I went to a check cashing place and they told me that there would be a 6% charge. Hey, at this point I just wanted the thing cashed. I had to fill out paperwork and wait for it to be processed. Next thing I know they are telling me they can’t verify the check and will not cash it.

The check is from Paytech International LTD, Barclays Bank out of London. I’m not even sure what poker site issued it. I’m thinking about going and opening a bank account at something other than a credit union and seeing if they will let me deposit it.

Can anyone tell me who issued this check and how they have cashed them?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Can’t get check cash from poker site.

I have deposited foreign poker checks from two sites with my bank (Chase) and havn't had any problems.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM

This is just your credit union's nitty rules. Try a different check cashing place, or open up a bank account somewhere.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The check is from Paytech International LTD, Barclays Bank out of London. I’m not even sure what poker site issued it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a check from a poker site but you don't know which one?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 AM

I cashed out some money from several sites "at the same time" via check for the first time. Boy do I miss Neteller.

My credit union deposited all of them into my account except one.
At this point I have no idea which site it came from “Payteck Interenational LTD ?”.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Open an account at a real bank, not a tard credit union.

Barclay's is the third largest bank in the UK. They are buying and going to name the arena where the NJ Nets are planning on moving to play basketball. They are listed on the NYSE (ticker:BCE). I bet your credit union isn't traded there. HAHAHA!

I am confident that most real banks like money and will be glad to create a new account and accept your deposit.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cashed out some money from several sites via check for the first time. Boy do I miss Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're one of the few lucky Americans not to have their money stuck in Neteller.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Barclay's is the third largest bank in the UK. They are buying and going to name the arena where the NJ Nets are planning on moving to play basketball. They are listed on the NYSE (ticker:BCE). I bet your credit union isn't traded there. HAHAHA!

I am confident that most real banks like money and will be glad to create a new account and accept your deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are also sponsors of the English Premier League.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are also sponsors of the English Premier League.

[/ QUOTE ]
Credit Unions that 'do not accept foreign checks' have never heard of this.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM

I got most of my bankroll out of Neteller when things got shaky. I left more than I would like to lose at the sites I play because I was afraid there might be a problem getting money in. When it started looking like there might be a problem getting money out at all I asked for checks and only left enough at each site to play.

I have been doing this as a profitable hobby not for a living. I decided to let things settle down and shake out. Have not been following where things are at for a while.

Would love an update on the best way to get money in to sites and out! Can Americans feel safe having money at sites now or is there still some nut out there that thinks I am immoral that might screw me out of my money?