Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM

Default JJ on the button..

This is my 2nd post and I have a feeling in the back of my head that everyone will either strongly agree or disagree with me. Anyway...

I'm new to the table, 10 or 15 hands. The texture seems pretty loose overall so far.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG (poster) calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero???

Like I said its probably a black and white answer but I'm really not sure. I went with raising but with UTG donking and two callers, should I just get out now??
Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: JJ on the button..

I'm fine with folding. The board is pretty dry -- I'm not really sure what UTG bets that you're winning against.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 AM

I fold here, based on the assumption that *one* of those three is holding a K - and then we're drawing to two outs.

On edit: KKK is a hand that is frequently slowplayed, even on low limits. You won't know you're beat until you've invested too much in this hand.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:14 PM

I fold. With no draws on the board I assume someone must have a K. I would like to know why you raise here.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:19 PM

This is actually a pretty tough spot. UTG posted, so prolly isn't very good, and didn't re-raise you preflop so doesn't have a better pp or strong ace. I'm going to suggest that calling and seeing what happens on the turn is the best bet. I think that UTG has ace-high, x4 or a mid-pp much more often than a king, and what you're worried about is the callers in the middle. If somebody's slow-playing a king, they're going to raise (or bet if checked to) on the turn. If UTG bets the turn, and it's one to you, raise; if UTG doesn't bet and it's checked to you, bet; if UTG doesn't bet, but somebody else does, fold; if it's more than one bet to you on the turn, fold.

If the turn is an ace, you can plan to just fold.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:46 PM

raising is good, it gets you information here. if UTG 3bets then worry...

we're closing the freakin' action, people.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising is good, it gets you information here. if UTG 3bets then worry...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing about raising such boards. If you get 3bet and just worry, I don't think you should raise in the first place. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 PM

If you raise this flop and are checked to on the turn, barring a check/raise on the turn you should know where you are at in the hand with a very good degree of confidence, IMO. Even with three opponents, this board texture screams that you only really worried about 2 kings being in one of three hands. You got to like those odds on being best.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise this flop and are checked to on the turn, barring a check/raise on the turn you should know where you are at in the hand with a very good degree of confidence, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm check/raised on the turn, I'll know where I'm at with a very good degree of confidence. But I'll know that regardless of whether or not I call the flop or raise it.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:56 PM

*grunch*

Im tossing my hand here with two overcallers in this pot. Raising to me is asking for a 3 bet and/or slowing down a K with a weak kicker. If UTG is by himself, or perhaps one caller, then i can argue a raise and treading lightly from there. Its a bit of "gamble" but i've had this work for me more times than not.