Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 01:13 AM

Default 99 postflop play in position vs good TAG [nl10]

On the flop with 1 overcard I still believe I was ahead, I called his cbet to re-evaluate the turn. Should I have raised the flop? or called/raised the turn?

The villain is 22/18/5.5 over 120hands, after this hand I looked though pokertracker to find that he had triple barrelled with Khigh.

Vs a villian w/ these stats would a 3bet pre flop have been better? or maybe just calling down on the flop is a good way to extract. I had 3bet a few times out of the blinds and thoguht he might play back at me 4betting light.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.00
BB: $10.85
UTG: $6.60
CO: $14.60
Hero (BTN): $10.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.40</font>, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $1.50</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $3.45 ($0.05 Rake)
Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: 99 postflop play in position vs good TAG [nl10]

Well if you think you're ahead on the flop, what did you put him on to think you got drawn out on on the turn? 22? 55? 56?
If he's a good player he can very well put you on either a weak Ace or a mid pocket pair and try to push you off it.

Without having the K-high read at the time, I'd probably raise the flop to 1.80 and shut down if he calls.

Calling villain down with 99 is not a good idea IMHO. That's 2 streets of overcards that potentially hit and you have no idea where you stand when he bets the river.

Regarding preflop: 99 on the Button is a 3-bet for me against 22/18/5.5