Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $25.78
CO: $3.40
Hero (BTN): $30.21
SB: $23.66
BB: $22.72
UTG: $39.01

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2

Turn: ($8.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero ???
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Turn action with flushdraw

If you're gonna raise that flop donk raise a bit bigger.

I probably just check behind and try to hit a hand.

Edit: After calling your raise it's more likely he has a K or a lower flush draw. So I check behind. If the flush hits I raise all-in on river or valuebet if he checks. If an A hits I call his river bet or valuebet if checked too but fold to a check raise.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 PM

i flat the flop getting those odds a good amount of the time, as played i let check through, if u hit your hand he likely wont give u credit and u still have position...
Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM

You got your free card so check behind on the turn.

How much do we bet if the flush hits and villain checks to us? I never know what to do here.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i flat the flop getting those odds a good amount of the time, as played i let check through, if u hit your hand he likely wont give u credit and u still have position...

[/ QUOTE ]

if you call the flop he will put you on exactly the hand you have. Think "implied odds" I would only call the flop against someone who would absolutely not reraise me or fold in this situation.

On the turn, you can bet again or check behind based on your read. The likelihood of getting in a solid vbet increases after the turn card IF you hit your hand. You can also safely put him on a hand as well here which helps your thought process based on what you want to get out of the hand. The highest payout here is betting on the turn because of the hand you should be putting him on. Obv the lower variance route is to check behind and likely get paid on a reasonable vbet on the river.

Anyone confused yet?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you call the flop he will put you on exactly the hand you have. Think "implied odds" I would only call the flop against someone who would absolutely not reraise me or fold in this situation.

On the turn, you can bet again or check behind based on your read. The likelihood of getting in a solid vbet increases after the turn card IF you hit your hand. You can also safely put him on a hand as well here which helps your thought process based on what you want to get out of the hand. The highest payout here is betting on the turn because of the hand you should be putting him on. Obv the lower variance route is to check behind and likely get paid on a reasonable vbet on the river.

Anyone confused yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying it's more +ev to bet the turn because then you can make a bigger river bet when you hit a hand and he will likely call? But it's less variance to check behind on the turn because then you're not putting any more money in unless you hit your hand?

And the fact that you likely have very little fold equity here on the turn also kinda helps to keep both of thhose two statements above correct?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 AM

thats not what I said, not even close to what I said.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm confused then. Why is betting the turn a higher payout? I'm not really expectin villian to fold much to a turn bet.

I guess I don't understand what you're saying.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm confused then. Why is betting the turn a higher payout? I'm not really expectin villian to fold much to a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, seriously, I like ur posts but wtf? The payout is higher because he HAS a K in his hand and if you hit you will stack him. If you play it safe, you will get paid on a REASONABLE vbet on the river, because he has a K in his hand, maybe 2 pr after the turn, the downside is he will not likely put his whole stack in. Why is that so hard to understand?

I guess I'm done with unl for a while, gl.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, seriously, I like ur posts but wtf? The payout is higher because he HAS a K in his hand and if you hit you will stack him. If you play it safe, you will get paid on a REASONABLE vbet on the river, because he has a K in his hand, maybe 2 pr after the turn, the downside is he will not likely put his whole stack in. Why is that so hard to understand?

I guess I'm done with unl for a while, gl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man if that deters you from posting here. However, it seems to me that we both said the same thing.

The payout is higher because he has a K and by betting the turn you can then make a bigger river bet if you hit and he'll still call with his K and you will stack him.

And if you check the turn you'll get a bet on the river but not as much as you would have if you bet the turn obviously. But you also won't lose the turn bet if you miss the river so it's less variance.

We said basically the exact same thing.