Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Poker Tournament formula

what website do you guys think has the best structure to apply the concepts in this book?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Poker Tournament formula

Are you asking which pokersite? I think the author has that information on his website.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Yes, Snyder's website has a page where regular tournaments around the country are rated. He also has a downloadable spreadsheet so you can rate tournaments that are not on his website.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:40 PM

I applied his formula to turbos online for about 250 games. I was a winner, but not nearly as much as with my normal HoH style play. 250 is too small to really know, but having played both styles I could really see where Snyder was putting me in a -EV spot.

Snyder's play would work well on a tight/passive table where people are afraid of busting. Online in small tourneys, particularly turbos, you'll end up in a lot of pots you wish you hadn't.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snyder's play would work well on a tight/passive table where people are afraid of busting. Online in small tourneys, particularly turbos, you'll end up in a lot of pots you wish you hadn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate snyder's work, but i had more success with modified HOH.... and i agree with your comments... alot better to be moderately more patient and get it in moderately better...... i think snyder is good for very fast tourneys, even thought he thinks it's good for moderate length. (all definitional, but i think snyder is good for little teaser early bird tourneys that only last 3 hours in total.