Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 AM

Default NL200: ATs turns flush - FPS or standard disguise?

We have history with villain; he is 12/7/2.5, 3bets light, 4bets light, can bluffs big, but I cannot say he is an aggrodonk, just a very aggro TAG. Definitely very dangerous and tough to play with. He knows I'm trapping and putting moves on him. We tangle.

Do you like my line, or is this FPS?

SB ($112.65)
BB ($198)
UTG ($111.35)
UTG+1 ($232.30)
UTG+2 ($206.88)
MP1 ($200)
MP2 ($42)
Hero ($268.10)
CO ($345.37)
Button ($94)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($26) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, Button folds, SB calls $16.

Turn: ($58) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($58) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $244.10 (All-In)</font>
Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: NL200: ATs turns flush - FPS or standard disguise?

Just keep betting on the turn so you have roughly a PSB for the river. Your river bet is so awkward because you didn't build the pot.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 AM

meh, I don't hate it. A lot of the equity in this play comes from villian leading the river with a bluff or supposedly for value and then them not being able to figure out wtf you're doing. Sometimes they'll call sometimes they won't. In general I would bet this turn since villian has 1/2 stack to start it seems just as likely that he'll put a move on you on the turn (CRAI) as he will fall for the trickery on the river.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 AM

It isn't terrible, but it's getting towards FPS. I'd've put in 30 on the turn to keep it building. If he folds to a bet of $30 on the turn, only a lucky river would've got money out of him on the river anyway.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 AM

Uhh... Here's the thing... What do you expect him to look you up with? AQ?

He's played this very passively so far. If he's normally aggro, that's not a good sign you're gonna get much out of him. I guess he could have a worse flush draw. Considering his stack size, I think you would have been better off making a reasonable bet on the turn so you can put him all-in on the river without a huge overbet.

In order for your push to work, he has to A) put you on a bluff and B) have a hand good enough to call a bluff. That might be asking a lot...
Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 AM

bet turn again, he may not put you on a flush.

when betting the river i want opp to show some more aggression or is calling station before i shove it. if they arent im value betting.

here im value betting since opp has shown himself as weak throughout the hand.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 AM

Well, my thinking went like this... Preflop his call doesn't mean that much, he knows I steal.

Flop he doesn't like folding to cbets and could have either a small piece, a draw, or just setting up a bluff on the turn.

When the scare card hits on the turn I figure he either has not much and the only way to get something out of him is to let him bluff river, or he has me badly beat (so be it, I stack off), or he has a worse flush and is trapping.

So betting on the turn I think will let him get rid of his mediocre hands and air while will not let him bluff river.

On the river I figure if he had air or very little after me checking turn through he would bluff bet, so he wants to show this down and has value. My line makes no sense, so I may as well shove, he doesn't have that much behind and he will look me up.

It worked this time, he looked me up with AQo and was probably really pissed. If he had had little OTOH I may have gotten more out of him using my line.

Still FPS given the explanation?