Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Default PT and PAHUD - 1 question each

I have downloaded and installed both programs and used them for the first time today.

First question - When I attempt to close out of PT, I received a warning box "The 'move to' folder cannot be the same as or a sub folder of the folder where the new hand history files are being written. Do you want to fix this now." I've answered YES but it doesn't show the dummy (me) where to fix it and I can't find it in the PT forum on their website. When I answer NO, then log back on, it appears that my data is still there. How to fix this??

Second question, when I launch PAHUD I cannot seem to be able to get the data to overlay on Stars??

Thanks for any assistance given
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: PT and PAHUD - 1 question each

I don't have any idea but if you ask in the Software forum, I'm sure someone could help you.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:46 PM

Thanks giggle but I wanted to try here first thinking the responses to my relatively basic (I think) questions would be gentler!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 AM

for pokerace, have you went into the preferences and specified the folder for hand historys?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second question, when I launch PAHUD I cannot seem to be able to get the data to overlay on Stars??

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars can be tricky. You have two options of how to get your stats for the overlay: from the instant hand history window on the site's software, or from your own database. If you use your own database, it will not display any stats on the table until you are actually seated and dealt into a hand; this is because Stars doesn't write hand histories onto your hard drive unless you're actually playing at the table. If you use Stars' instant HH window, it will overlay the stats before you actually sit (assuming you have stats on any of the players already in your database), but a side effect is that you probably won't be able to use the instant HH window yourself because PAHUD will keep closing it every few seconds. You can select which to use from the Preferences--->PokerStars tab.

[ QUOTE ]
First question - When I attempt to close out of PT, I received a warning box "The 'move to' folder cannot be the same as or a sub folder of the folder where the new hand history files are being written. Do you want to fix this now." I've answered YES but it doesn't show the dummy (me) where to fix it and I can't find it in the PT forum on their website. When I answer NO, then log back on, it appears that my data is still there. How to fix this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that you are using the autoimport feature in PokerTracker (which is generally the easiest way to do it), on the auto-import window Settings tab you'll see a line which reads "move processed files to the following folder when I close this window". You can fix your problem by checking that box, and then selecting a folder to move your old hand history files to; I just created a folder under "my documents" which I use & empty out every month or so. Moving the old HH files helps your PC's performance when you're using PokerTracker, as it has to scan fewer files to determine which need to be imported.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have downloaded and installed both programs and used them for the first time today.

Thanks for any assistance given

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the directory you're telling PT to move HH to is in your poker client directory. It can't be. It has to be 100% seperate. If your client is in:
C:\Program Files\Pokerclient\Hand Histories\ and you're tryig to move them to anything inside of b]C:\Program Files\[/b] you're not going to be able to do it. Make a new directory called: C:\Poker\Old Hand History\Poker Room Name or some such and tell PT to move them there.

Without looking at what you've got going on I couldn't tell you the exact problem with PAHUD, but it sounds like it's not configured properly. Double check and make sure you've selected the proper DB in Preferences/Databases/Hold'em. the PA HUD website has a really good walkthrough on getting PA HUD setup. Thats what I used to get it working.